Miscellaneous questions. Tables, Dof, Hardware, Sound

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Malinas
    Participant
      @malinas

Hi there! Got some things i have been struggling around for some time now but not been able to solve yet. Maybe someone can help me out with the following problems ;) Or SOME of these problems, i don´t expect that someone will help me with everything.

1. Kiss 2015 Stern table get´s VBS error upon start. It says its needed an updated version, i found the updated version and replaced the file but still the same problem. It won’t start. What to do more? Edit: I got some new files and now the table starts! But with i launch the ball, it says ERROR IN LINE 1 … but there is nothing in line 1 in script? ;/
      2. WOZ “Wizard of Oz” table, gets “out of memory” error every time i try to start the table. Tried to redownload but still the same,
      3. Where do i change WAV files, for the flipper sounds in VPX. Can i in someway make my own sounds and replace the “plunger” or the “ball” sounds, without changing EVERY rom there is? / Solved
      4. How to assign “Superball” for like Indiana Jones,(Extra ball feature) . Can´t find an option for it. / Solved
      5. Stranger Things , Don´t show pup-pack no more. I have re-installed and everything but no success. It just doesn´t show up. Edit: Reinstalled everything, got files from a friend here with the settings he uses and all but still, no pup pack is showing. SO “strange”. What to try next?
      6. I had some stuttering/lag issue for a long while, and it not a Pinup or VPX issue i have cleared out by now. Can you post your NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL settings? And i can start to try out somethings there to try to get rid of these annoying things when playing pup-packs.
      7. I am considering to buy an RTX2080 card for my build, but its as you know quite expensive, is this OVERKILL or will it improve all the tables to the max. Why i ask are because i really need to know if this is not needed. I really want max out my cab, but can i do it with “cheaper” card then this it is ofc a good thing ;) Running a GTX1060 (6gb) today. Edit: Bought a RTX2080 Strix A Gaming (11gb) and ………… no difference at all. My mind thinks ball runs a little bit smoother though, but the same stuttering when playing PUP packs together with the game. When I’m not running PUP packs, i can have MAX settings on everything, and the ball rolls flawlessly.

I’m running:

VPX 10.6 (3696 build)
      PinupSystem 1.4.3 (Vlc 2.2.8 integrated)
      Freezy 1.7.1 32bit
      Vpinmame 3.2 Beta (Sambuild R4777)
      B2S Server (Activate Plugins activated)

No antivirus programs running.
      No startup programs except for .bat autostart of Pinup + xb0x emulator for buttons in FX3

Thanx for any kind of interest of helping me out with some of the things i ask about above! ;)

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Hi there! Got some things i have been struggling around for some time now but not been able to solve yet. Maybe someone can help me out with the following problems ;) Or SOME of these problems, i don´t expect that someone will help me with everything.

1. Kiss 2015 Stern table get´s VBS error upon start. It says its needed an updated version, i found the updated version and replaced the file but still the same problem. It won’t start. What to do more? Edit: I got some new files and now the table starts! But with i launch the ball, it says ERROR IN LINE 1 … but there is nothing in line 1 in script? ;/
        2. WOZ “Wizard of Oz” table, gets “out of memory” error every time i try to start the table. Tried to redownload but still the same,
        3. Where do i change WAV files, for the flipper sounds in VPX. Can i in someway make my own sounds and replace the “plunger” or the “ball” sounds, without changing EVERY rom there is? / Solved
        4. How to assign “Superball” for like Indiana Jones,(Extra ball feature) . Can´t find an option for it. / Solved
        5. Stranger Things , Don´t show pup-pack no more. I have re-installed and everything but no success. It just doesn´t show up. Edit: Reinstalled everything, got files from a friend here with the settings he uses and all but still, no pup pack is showing. SO “strange”. What to try next?
        6. I had some stuttering/lag issue for a long while, and it not a Pinup or VPX issue i have cleared out by now. Can you post your NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL settings? And i can start to try out somethings there to try to get rid of these annoying things when playing pup-packs.
        7. I am considering to buy an RTX2080 card for my build, but its as you know quite expensive, is this OVERKILL or will it improve all the tables to the max. Why i ask are because i really need to know if this is not needed. I really want max out my cab, but can i do it with “cheaper” card then this it is ofc a good thing ;) Running a GTX1060 (6gb) today. Edit: Bought a RTX2080 Strix A Gaming (11gb) and ………… no difference at all. My mind thinks ball runs a little bit smoother though, but the same stuttering when playing PUP packs together with the game. When I’m not running PUP packs, i can have MAX settings on everything, and the ball rolls flawlessly.

I’m running:

VPX 10.6 (3696 build)
        Freezy 1.7.1 32bit

No startup programs except for .bat autostart of Pinup + xb0x emulator for buttons in FX3

Thanx for any kind of interest of helping me out with some of the things i ask about above! ;)

for kiss I’m guessing your ultradmd is out of date or you have vbs files for vp in tables folder and scripts folder? Vp .vbs files should only be in the scripts folder.

for woz issue whatbis your system specs? 64bit os? If not you will have issues.

sounds for flippers and plunger are in sound manager and are a per table deal.

Extra ball is called buy-in option is in vp key preferences.

Stranger things not sure would need more info….

my nvidia settings are default nothing special needed for vp.

dof lighting is creed rgb or strip rgb lighting 50/50 under an is great and highly recommended.

The 1060 is more then enough but better is better! Overkill? Maybe but future proof.

no such thing as to much sound just adjust levels…a cheap sound system will effect nudge and hardware so make sure stuff is bolted down good and your dead zone is setup correctly.

Never had and damage to graphic….

any 12v beacon will work just find some you like the look of…some are roundish and others are more flat topped.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

gtxjoe
        Participant
          @gtxjoe

For IJ superball, enter rom menu and enable the feature. Default is the keyboard 2 key

gtx1060 is fine for a 1080p setup. 2080 for 4K setup But you could probably go cheaper

Malinas
          Participant
            @malinas

I’m running:

VPX 10.6 (3696 build)
            Freezy 1.7.1 32bit

for kiss I’m guessing your ultradmd is out of date or you have vbs files for vp in tables folder and scripts folder? Vp .vbs files should only be in the scripts folder.

for woz issue whatbis your system specs? 64bit os? If not you will have issues.

sounds for flippers and plunger are in sound manager and are a per table deal.

Extra ball is called buy-in option is in vp key preferences.

Stranger things not sure would need more info….

my nvidia settings are default nothing special needed for vp.

dof lighting is creed rgb or strip rgb lighting 50/50 under an is great and highly recommended.

The 1060 is more then enough but better is better! Overkill? Maybe but future proof.

no such thing as to much sound just adjust levels…a cheap sound system will effect nudge and hardware so make sure stuff is bolted down good and your dead zone is setup correctly.

Never had and damage to graphic….

any 12v beacon will work just find some you like the look of…some are roundish and others are more flat topped.

Thank you for all the answers RANDR! <3
            Kizz: Yes everything is in /Scripts folder. I have KISSCode.vbs, KISSCore.vbs, KISSMusic, vbs and KISSRules.vbs (It says that the KISSRules.vbs needs to be updated) but , yeah i have done that but it would still not start. I have google a newer Ultra DMD if i have to do a newer version (have 0 experience when it comes to Ultra DMD) , do you have any newer link to another version then that from 2016 that comes ontop of google.

WOZ: Yes. I have 64bit OS, Windows 10, with i7 8700k + 32 gig ram + gtx1060

IJ: Yes found the BuyIn(2) under VinPinmame Section in VPX so i will try to insert some of my (Up/Down… buttons for FX3) there and see how it goes ;)

Stranger things: I have written specs, versions etc. ;)  if you want anything else just ask ;) the dmddevice.ini is exactly as it should, all other packs starts, but this table doesn´t run pup-pack like the others i believe.

NVidia Settings: Default? Ok, i have that now ;) But still same stuttering when running PUP packs, i have to continue with this… until it works.

Ok, 2080 it is! Will buy tomorrow and hope it solves my stuttering problems.

Thanks for the other tips as well! Very much appreciated!

Malinas
            Participant
              @malinas

Found it! Thanx gtxjoe!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?