Miss World Geiger WIP, Done

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

got this table going, was a conversion offered for the Kiss table.   Got some really nice images from TAB and started to build off Kiss table but nothing lined up so fresh build off @jbg4208 script.  Still need to find or make the bumpers, spinners, drop targets, plunger cover…  Right now my big thing is the lights.  I need someone with a vast knowledge of lighting to help with the GI lights.  The PF colors really POP , maybe a bit much so might be lighting or materials.  other than that the B2S needs updated and I have a better pic for that.

pf

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

found a nice b2s from @wildman over at vpu.  got the drop targets done tonight.  Lighting is coming along.  Hard to find resources but I have a guy that has this kit in storage and he is gonna get some pics of the bumper caps and spinners for me.  Thankfully Tab had some great pics from the vp9 table.  Table is coming along nicely.

DropTargetBeveled1DropTargetBeveled2DropTargetBeveled3DropTargetBeveled4

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

spinner image

spinner MW

Badazzwi
          Participant
            @badazzwi

Looking good Tom! My teenage boys will smile and my wife’s eyes will roll when this hits the cabinet.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

Wildman
            Participant
              @wildman

Upgraded to Hi Rez pic       Forgot I had a better image :good:

Miss World (Custom)

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Tom
              Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

I was working on it and my son walked over to ask me something and his jaw dropped.  Had to laugh.  Having fun with this table

roccodimarco
                Participant
                  @roccodimarco

Awesome. looks great

gambit
                  Participant
                    @gambit

:good:

Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation
                      MemberContributor

Free to whoever wants to finish this.  The materials and lighting need a lot of attention.  I am not happy with the way it looks now.  The original conversion only had a new PF, plastics and BG.  I changed the caps, spinners and targets back to original color and added simple stripper logos.  The wire rail next to the left flipper needs a new primitive.  The apron needs redone or done.  It needs Instruction cards made.  The top two gates need adjusted so they don’t interfere with plastics or wire rail.  The PF was totally rebuilt, the script is from Kiss so at least give credit to @jbg4208.

If someone who knows lighting wants to finish this then great.  Wildman made a new BG for it so I don’t want it to go to waste.  I just don’t want some “Big ASS” taking this and doing 10 minutes of work and then releasing it, please do it right.  Thanks Tom

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ekvxihfykrfdnh1/Miss%20World%20%28Geiger%201982%29.vpx?dl=0

CarnyPriest
                      Participant
                        @carnypriest

Inkochnito has reproduction instruction cards. Basically, just replaces KISS in the Bally reproductions with MISS WORLD.

32assassin
                        Participant
                          @32assassin

I don’t plan to finish this but here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78t0d8cpw4txrj6/Miss%20World%20%28Geiger%201982%29.vpx?dl=0

I made your wire primitive,  added a primitive apron light, among other things.

I did some minor code clean up.  the flipper code needs to be finished.

you should copy and past the primitive instruction cards from the table that had the apron primitive you are using.

unless you want to make new ones.

Don’t try to re invent the wheel;  the default table has generic sound calls that are triggered by  adding objects to a collection.

I’m not sure why this code was modified.

their is not need to create a sound call for each gate or add Trigger1 and Trigger2 and map them to individual gate calls.

you can add the gates  to the Gates collection and the default sound call code will do the rest.

I added all the generic objects to to a collection and moved them to layer 2 to show you what I usually do.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                          https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Tom
                          Participant
                            @armyaviation
                            MemberContributor

Appreciate it 32, I just don’t have time to work on this now.  Wish I did.

32assassin
                            Participant
                              @32assassin

just put it on hold and come back when  ever you are ready

based on pics from IPD  the bumpers should be transparent blue

I made a clear texture

PS –> channel mixer you can turn it into any color

untitled

t2 bumper Clear

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                              https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Tom
                              Participant
                                @armyaviation
                                MemberContributor

That is a guy from pinsides table.  I talked to him on the phone.  He bought the remaining kits from Geiger.  He said that only the BG, PF and plastics were made.  The rest of the parts were still from kiss.  he did say that they used Harlem globetrotter caps though.  The only HG caps I could find were a pic so I made those to add a little to the table.  The pics with the purple caps and the pink drop targets and spinners were all homemade by that guy.

Tom
                                Participant
                                  @armyaviation
                                  MemberContributor

If you wanna finish it 32 I would be honored.  To tell you the truth I don’t know if I will be making tables for a while if anymore.  I will definitely be a customer though when it gets done.  Been fun though

JR
                                  Participant
                                    @jfr1

Hm.  Your thoughts, energy and exurberance Tom, will hopefully still be a presence here.

Tom
                                    Participant
                                      @armyaviation
                                      MemberContributor

I am finishing it

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      JR
                                    Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?