Moving JP’s DMD to 3rd Screen

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    samcat
    Participant
      @samcat

While I enjoy playing JP Salas’s VPX creations, I prefer the DMD on my 3rd screen and not the playfield.

I recently started using FLEXdmd and found in the flexdmd/docs/JPSalas.md folder (https://github.com/vbousquet/flexdmd/blob/master/docs/JPSalas.md) how to add the DMD to JP’s latest tables by adding some lines of code that are documented on that page.

This appears to work very well on some tables like his Pokemon table but not on others, especially reincarnations of his tables like Blade Runner 2049 and The Dark Crystal.

I’ve added the DMD code to these 2 tables but run up against the same Visual Basic error on both tables,  that I don’t know how to correct.

For example, after adding the code and starting The Dark Crystal table I get a Script Error

Line: 1992

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

This is line 1992

If Not FlexDMD is Nothing Then DMDScene.GetImage(“Back”).Bitmap = FlexDMD.NewImage(“”, “VPX.” & dLine(2) & “&dmd=2”).Bitmap

I then don’t see any DMD either on the playfield or my DMD screen.

If I comment out the line and start the table, I get a partial DMD on the 3rd screen but it is quite unreadable.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be wrong with this or how to fix it? Unfortunately I do not know enough about Visual Basic to fix this one…

Samcat

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?