mp3 files included to upload

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    batch
    Participant
      @batch

Hi

On VPForums, we are asked to remove all mp3 files from our uploads

Will it be the same on VPinball ?

Not really a problem, people will have to import the files themselves in the Music folder

It’s just to know

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Copyrighted material should not be uploaded. We (or I should say – I) don’t download and test everything that is uploaded, instead, trust the uploader to follow the law.

Ref.

“VPB Holds you responsible for your uploads Upload will be available as soon as it’s approved”.

This site is very different from “the other one”. Once uploaded, the uploader, has still full control of their own content, and can fix their mistake.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

I was going to say the same thing as thalamus you are responsible for your uploads so if you want to remove the MP3’s you should. Providing a link to said MP3’s is really no better but perhaps vpf is trying to protect himself as he owns upload once submitted but hosting links to them is ok? Probably not ok either! We are on a knifes edge in this hobby so please do what you feel is right. Look at future pinball tables those are built into “music manager” would be interesting to see if they would require being removed from vpf site aswell.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
          batch
          Participant
            @batch

Thanks for the information, so I’ll do the same than on VPForums

I’ll remove mp3 files from the next upload and just list them, and people will have to import songs themselves into the Music folder (no link)

I’ll do this asap

PS: If I understand, with VPX_7, we can import mp3 files directly into the table

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

@batch Probably best solution for sure if you want to be 100 percent safe.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

LynnInDenver
              Participant
                @lynnindenver

Yeah, the RIAA is really much more of a stickler regarding copyright than anyone other than Gottlieb. That’s the last group we want looming over the hobby.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Onevox
                Participant
                  @rooster

I’ve been wrestling with this on The Clash. I think the winds are telling me to do like Cuphead. And I start to wonder if I should just script for 5 sample songs with instructions to add as many as you want.

Onevox

LynnInDenver
                  Participant
                    @lynnindenver

Yeah, it might be a good idea going forward to set up with an expectation that the table will need to be distributed without music, and that the end user may not have access to the music in any way. And yeah, adding the option for added tracks beyond the ones designed in would be appreciated.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                    Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                    Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

CarnyPriest
                    Participant
                      @carnypriest

In the description or installation upload tab, link to suggested tracks on youtube and what to name them to work with the table script.

Then users proceed from there. Can use a downloader or whatever to rip the track, but then it is on users to download the track if they want it.

Pretty simple for most music if it is not too obscure.

batch
                      Participant
                        @batch

It seems that some authors still add mp3 files to their uploads, isn’t it dangerous for them and for VPinball ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?