my backglass and playfield has dissapeared

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    rx2006je
    Participant
      @rx2006je

i updated last night to 1.3.6 and all was working fine.  i shut down my system and turned it back on today and the menu wheel bar works and shows up and i can select my games and play, but none of my table images or backglasses show up now.  not sure what to do as i said all was working fine last night, turned on the system and nothing but the wheel bar.  please advise i put alot of media work in last night and dont want to lose it.

masterbeys
      Participant
        @masterbeys

I have the same problem :cry:

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

Be sure you have no blocked files in PinpSystem folder.

Run PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat and see if you screens are still setup correctly, and also to see if the pinupplayer video shows up.

Make sure your media paths are still correct in Popper Global Settings and Emulator Settings.

When you “updated”…was it using the 1.3.6 installer, or was it using the update to 1.3.6 files?

Reboot computer.

outhere
            @outhere
            MemberContributorvipModerator

I update to 1.3.6 No obvious problems

I use 7 zip and never have blocked files

https://www.7-zip.org/

If your not using 7 Zip then check the file before on compressing, right click the file and go to properties If you don’t see anything that tells you it’s blocked then it’s not

BillHicks
            Participant
              @billhicks

+1

BillHicks
              Participant
                @billhicks

<p style=”padding-left: 30px;”>Since my install was new, I decided to uninstall/reinstall but got the same results with a fresh out of the box install.</p>

Game bar only. No backfills, no playfield. You can actually still see the desktop. It’s like there is a fullscreen, transparent window. Game select works. Emu works. Game plays and exits fine. Can exit frontend as well.

masterbeys
                Participant
                  @masterbeys

Looks like there is no solution yet?

Richard

BillHicks
                  Participant
                    @billhicks

Guess not. I did a full reinstall and it worked once and now I’m having the same issues. I’ve been disabling things and uninstalling to see if there is a conflict somewhere but if there is I can’t find it. All the videos play fine during testing. Screens appear to be set up right as well.

Is there a log file for PinUp? Any way to see what’s happening when it fails? PinX ha a pretty good log that you can view and it helps a lot in troubleshooting.

NailBuster
                      @nailbuster
                      ModeratorMember

strange…..

is pinup player working? do puppacks like tron/avatar/TF work outside of Popper?

you can run pinupmenu.exe -log it will create a log in pinupsystem folder… but doubt it’ll help too much with what you’re describing

BillHicks
                      Participant
                        @billhicks

Not for me. The only thing working is the game select ribbon. Oddly, I’m able to use my mouse in the desktop. Open folders, files, etc. It’s like the playfield doesn’t exist at all, just the game select ribbon.

Is there a link to a previous version? My install is new so I don’t mind downgrading to see if the problem goes away as I don’t have anything installed that I can’t redo with ease. In still using all default media, theme, etc.

outhere
                          @outhere
                          MemberContributorvipModerator

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes#pinup_system_v13_change_log

Not for me. The only thing working is the game select ribbon. Oddly, I’m able to use my mouse in the desktop. Open folders, files, etc. It’s like the playfield doesn’t exist at all, just the game select ribbon.

Is there a link to a previous version? My install is new so I don’t mind downgrading to see if the problem goes away as I don’t have anything installed that I can’t redo with ease. In still using all default media, theme, etc.

NailBuster
                            @nailbuster
                            ModeratorMember

dont’ even ‘worry’ about setting up Popper FrontEnd until you can get all your PuP-PAcks and PinUP Player working…

launch manually in vpx all your PuPPacks should play fine… if they don’t then it the screens won’t work in Popper as it uses the same display engine.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?