Mysterious performance issue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Skitso
    Participant
      @skitso

Hey everyone,

I’m playing with core i5, 16gb RAM and GTX1070. Without 4x AA I’ve been able to play almost every table with more or less locked 165hz. But for some bizzarre reason I’ve now noticed odd performance issues. Every time flashers fire my FPS tanks. Drops are noticeable, in range of 30-40 fps drops, no matter the table I play… I haven’t changed settings or hardware or updated VPX. Any idea where to start searching the cause?

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Windows defender or something else that changed ? Win10 ? Auto updates on ?

1 user thanked author for this post.
        randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

thalamus is probably right. check windows defender disable that

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Skitso
          Participant
            @skitso

Yeah, that did the trick! Thanks Thal. :)

Hmmm… As I don’t have a separate cabinet to play VPX, I need to have this computer connected to the net. So I really can’t disable windows defender completely, but always going into the settings and disabling it when I want to kick some pinball doesn’t sound too inviting either. Any suggestions?

The Loafer
            Participant
              @theloafer

It’s something the devs are aware of, there is discussion on this issue at VPF in the VPX 10.7 beta thread

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

I don’t see a problem with turning of defender while playing ?? Are you browsing on the machine while playing ? How are you expecting to get affected while playing is my question.

The Loafer
                Participant
                  @theloafer

although I agree it’s probably safe to turn off while playing VP, the issue is some of the software we use, like a front end, has internet capabilities so you never know, by accident, those other sites could be compromised.  As well, I’m an old fart and us old farts could forget to turn Defender back on after we are done with VP :)

Skitso
                  Participant
                    @skitso

I don’t see a problem with turning of defender while playing ?? Are you browsing on the machine while playing ? How are you expecting to get affected while playing is my question.

Yeah, as I wrote in the earlier post: “always going into the settings and disabling it when I want to kick some pinball doesn’t sound too inviting either”.

So it’s more of an inconvenience thing, I suppose…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?