Need Godzilla head ;)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Dark
      @dark
      vipMemberContributor

Does anyone know anyone with access to a Godzilla table?  I ask around once in a while to see if I can get more photo resources for the godzilla head/hand toys.  I have some photos which are decent but not enough to feel confident about making a polished model, particularly when it comes to the texture mapping since I typically sample from HD photos.

If someone can get me pics of the Godzilla toys let me know, I’d like to model them at some point when I have a bit more time.

3dcreation

1 user thanked author for this post.
      sheltemke
      Participant
        @sheltemke

Sega tables finally get their attention. My heart is smiling. Hope you get your Photos Dark :yes:

rgarriott
        Participant
          @rgarriott

We have one at the local pub that i could possibly get some pics of. Iv never done any of this before, what would be the best process that you would get the best results?

rgarriott
          Participant
            @rgarriott

@dark I got ahold of the owner and he said it would be no problem.

Dark
              @dark
              vipMemberContributor

@rgarriott   Hey, Thanks for reaching out, if you like you can feel free to send me a PM.

Well for 3D modelling, I need photos from different angles, think of ‘mugshots’ you want to try and line up the front and left side photos so that they are in line so I can line up the features like eyes to eyes, mouth to mouth, nose to nose.  The best way to do this is to remove the toy from the table if possible, put it on a lazy susan turn table, set up a tripod and just take a shitload of HD pics 360 degrees with as many photos as you have patience for.  I need pics mainly from, left,right,front,back,top.

The other key factor is lighting, you want to try and get good even lighting without too many white ‘shine’ spots visible on the subject from the camera’s pov, this can be tricky, need to try to place lights off to the sides a bit.

If you can’t remove it from the table you’ll just have to do your best with what I mentioned above, it’s less than ideal but likely still very helpful.

Here is how photo/image references are used in 3D, this is what I mean by lining them up.

Also keep in mind, there’s absolutely no rush for this.

Often times resources can be difficult to acquire, and I’ve been doing shout outs for this one for quite a while without any hits, so my goal here was just to hopefully get some great resources readied so that when I’m able I can get straight to work on it.

3dcreation

rgarriott
              Participant
                @rgarriott

Ok. Ill see what i can do. Do you need any pics of the plastics or anything?

Dark
                  @dark
                  vipMemberContributor

I don’t know what the resources are like for the table itself I’m afraid, I’m mostly just interested in the toys because they will be interesting and somewhat challenging to sculpt in 3D.

When it come’s to resources I always say the more the merrier.

Someone was interested in building this table a ways back and that’s sort of what got me on this search originally but I haven’t heard any interest from authors since…but who knows maybe some good resources like HD plastics could stir up some interest.

3dcreation

Dark
                    @dark
                    vipMemberContributor

@rgarriott

Any developments?  A vpx version of Godzilla has been released.

3dcreation

rgarriott
                    Participant
                      @rgarriott

I will check in with him tomorrow. Sorry Iv been redoing an Alien Poker.

rgarriott
                      Participant
                        @rgarriott

@dark. I got ahold of the owner/operator yesterday, and he is not comfortable removing the head from the machine. He says its to big a pain to remove with the ramp and all and has already damaged by removing it for maintenance . He still says I can take pictures of it but its in a bowling ally/bar so im not really sure id be able to get good shots of it all around and with good lighting.

Dark
                          @dark
                          vipMemberContributor

@rgarriott  Just do the best you can with the instructions I posted above.  If you own tripods they might come in handy.  Take lots of pics, and thanks again.

I’ll also take pics of the other toys (claws).  I don’t think they have to be removed from the table if it’s difficult.

3dcreation

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?