need help to get color dmd working again

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    robwaade
    Participant
      @robwaade

i have a 2 screen set up   virtual dmd wont work after installing new updates sam pinmame vp    all my dmd settings got lost   so i used set dmd 1.0.5 for a faster fix   freezys color dmd virtual would omly show up on table screen could not get it to stay on screen 2 after updates installed   then i installed set dmd and virtual dmd wont work now  i tried reinstalling freezys updates none will work  its been a while not sure if im missing anything   a beginners idiot instructions on how to install freezys update or how to correct my error in baby steps would be great working on it for 2 days loosing patience tried reinstalling pinmame 4 times also with no luck     :unsure:   :mail:   any help would be awesome  the 4 color selector works fine in pinmame

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I think you still need vpinmame from vpu for color above 4 shades

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
        robwaade
        Participant
          @robwaade

i did the all in one installer did that have it in it from here and got the sam update at vpu tried redownloading freezys updates not sure if im installing that wrong or if the set dmd makes freezys program not work

robwaade
          Participant
            @robwaade

the virtual dmd wont work at all now

robwaade
            Participant
              @robwaade

tried that got pin dmd not found

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

The one in all installer does everything correctly – but does NOT include color support like randr said. You need to use Carnys release of pinmame 3.1 to get the colors working again. Everything color and VPM is still considered beta, always has been.

robwaade
                Participant
                  @robwaade

did 3.1 cant get dmd that runs alt color or color roms to run when in test mode it crashes normal roms run fine

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

You may have missed a freeze dmd location when updating I assume. Make sure  pinmame and freeze dll are installed correctly and no duplicates

for IOS and Android

robwaade
                    Participant
                      @robwaade

thanks i checked i think i got it right would set dmd program cause issues for stern color roms to crash in test mode still not working for some reason

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

No but that ajit setting in registry will cause a crash.

read this

https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/turning-onoff-at91jit/

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

It is always good to have a backup. I expect you have one so what I would do is. Uninstall VP completely, then run the one in all installer for 10.5 and install it to the exact same path as you had previously. Update pinmame.dll with Carny build. Run setup.exe and press install. Download freezy dmdext. Adjust dmddevice.ini where I disable all “real dmd” and set it to read from registry. You already mention that you used setdmd and that writes to registry so you need freezy to read from there. ( virtualdmd=true and useregistry=true ). Restoring dmddevice.ini and screenres.txt from the backup when it was working might be a smarter choice at this point.

robwaade
                          Participant
                            @robwaade

right now got virtual working its orange and black tried my back up and my son over wrote it with current set up accidently a couple days ago is there a place to find freezys dmd ext i tried all in one installer it has folder any idea if i should still get freezys dont want to screw up my progress once again you and randr are awesome how you jump in and help skol :yahoo:

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions – put those files into vpinmame folder – update the ini as mentioned.

robwaade
                              Participant
                                @robwaade

finally got it working thanks to all for dealing with my challenged brain :yahoo:

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

Now. Make a proper backup. Actually. You should export registry as well so you don’t need to setup your dmd positions again. The wiki about at91jit explains basic usage of registry. Once you find ‘freeware’, right click and choose export. That file that is generated is enough to restore all the rom settings if for some reason your machine really b0rKz up one day. Call the export eg. freeware.reg and all you need to do IF the worst possible happens is to double click that file. Windows will warn you – like normal if this is really what you want to do. And once you say yes, you are back and good to go.

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

What was the fix?

for IOS and Android

robwaade
                                    Participant
                                      @robwaade

getting all the stuff right that you guys suggested   just stripping it down and re doing    and freezys dmd location settings x and y were not working also   so dmd was not showing up anywhere   then re downloads started things were crashing on all stern color rom stuff   then needed to get the newest bass dll and newest device dll and vpinmame dll   and vpinmame sam3.1 and vp   i believe that i had to just freshen up the whole set up now things are running awesome   i think with your guys help it made a huge difference    and i thank both of you   you both have help guide me through learning curve   and seeing your suggestions to others also  helped on past stuff   thanks hope that helps   :yahoo:

robwaade
                                      Participant
                                        @robwaade

and redownload freezys  dmd ext accidently left out   :mail:

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?