Need LED Strip Help Please!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    themotherbrain
    Participant
      @themotherbrain

Hey all! I’m trying to get the side playfield Led strips I’ve finally managed to get some time to wire up working. The install went ok, but I’m a little stuck on the programming and could use some help!

To start, I have an Oaksmicros PAL Board. It is wired correctly as it lights up and cycles through its color test when powered up and is recognized as COM4. I have a strip connected to input 1 and one to input 2 on the PAL board. I changed my DOF setup to recognize the (1x) WS2811 device and combined the toys as required, then generated a new config file, which was placed in my DOF config folder. I used the cabinet file @outhere posted here recently for somebody else as a starting point. The LedWizEquivalentOuput is set to 1 for input 1 and 4 for input 2.  The PF strips have 134 Leds each for reference. I thought I’d properly done this but I can’t seems to get things to come to life yet. Where am I supposed to put this cabinet xml file? I have it in the config folder but I’m unsure if thats correct. Perhaps that is my issue. Ive attached a pic of my cabinet xml if it will help things. Can anybody offer me some direction here?  :unsure:   Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

Hey all! I’m trying to get the side playfield Led strips I’ve finally managed to get some time to wire up working. The install went ok, but I’m a little stuck on the programming and could use some help!
        To start, I have an Oaksmicros PAL Board. It is wired correctly as it lights up and cycles through its color test when powered up and is recognized as COM4. I have a strip connected to input 1 and one to input 2 on the PAL board. I changed my DOF setup to recognize the (1x) WS2811 device and combined the toys as required, then generated a new config file, which was placed in my DOF config folder. I used the cabinet file @outhere posted here recently for somebody else as a starting point. The LedWizEquivalentOuput is set to 1 for input 1 and 4 for input 2. The PF strips have 134 Leds each for reference. I thought I’d properly done this but I can’t seems to get things to come to life yet. Where am I supposed to put this cabinet xml file? I have it in the config folder but I’m unsure if thats correct. Perhaps that is my issue. Ive attached a pic of my cabinet xml if it will help things. Can anybody offer me some direction here? :unsure: Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Post your DirectOutput.log
        Zip-up the log then Attach it

1 user thanked author for this post.
        themotherbrain
        Participant
          @themotherbrain

Thanks for the quick response! I had another go at it and I managed to figure out what I hadn’t done yet. The missing part was I needed to go into the globalconfigeditor and open the b2sserver xml and assign the cabinet xml. After a quick game of addams family to test, I think I’m good now! Going to bed LOL! Will give it a better test tomorrow after work and see if all is well. Thanks anyway Outhere! You are always right there to help us and I appreciate it! \m/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?