New DMD Lcd from China

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Nemo
    Participant
      @nemo

Hi People ! So when my bodged up laptopscreen i used as my DMD died i ordered one of those Candybar LCD’s from AliExpress.

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4000515529496.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dbpkHYh

Now for €71 shipped those are a real bargain mainly cuz they are TN and from a good brand (Matsushita). My guess is that these

are refurbished screens taken out of POS machines and such. It explains the price. Anyway these screens are perfect for a pin DMD !

d1

For just over 70 bucks including the HDMI driverboard…..

d3

Toshiba Matsushita made…..but a bit yellowed Sn Sticker….yeah they are used.

d4

Mounted it all nice n tight on a Williams System 11b speaker panel.

d5

Fits perfect in there.

d6

Ah ! Nvidia’s displaydriver just works !

d7

Done !

I must say that the image is crisp and vivid, you could not tell its an used screen, it just pops !

Although being an TN panel viewing angels are great too, no complaints what so ever. (i suspect they are some kind of VA or mVA tech, not sure)

Now i don’t run this one full screen cuz it would make for a too large DMD image and would not fit the speakerpanel.

So the image is cropped a bit to fit the cut-out i made in the frontpanel, it looks good in my opinion.

Verdict: well for the money it’s a no brainer, good image quality and not too expensive, just hope it lasts me a long time.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?