Newbie Question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Timdawg919
    Participant
      @timdawg919

Hello all. I am a complete newbie here but I have bought a Sharpin Ultra pinball kit and I am now hooked. I have a spare cabinet and want to build a windows mini (24″ with a 22″ backglass) and I was wondering if this mini computer would be able to power it https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08B1PQDBF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_3endFbDDGEPVC

Thank you in advance for any help

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

I doubt that it will be any success. Sure the computer can show 4k, but at what frame rate ? If you look around these forums. Many of the tables requires what I would call close to high end systems. You might be able to play VP9 or something like that on it, but, that is 10 year old technology and it really isn’t playing well compared to vpx.

JR
        Participant
          @jfr1

That’s an interesting looking little box.  4k?  That’s going to need serious ventilation.  I have no experience with it but my cab build was initially ‘powered’ by a Lenovo super small tiny form factor M72.  It got me up and running but it was temporary and only used during the build.  At that price, the ACEPC might be an interesting experiment.  But as Thalamus mentioned, you might be limited to what tables it can handle.

Mike DA Spike
          Participant
            @mikedaspike

Be aware that those small factor pc’s are created for showing videos on 4k. Not gaming at 4k.

My popcornhour media box can also play 4k video content, but to be used in a cabinet? I dont think so.

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

I know a bit about pc hardware and that just won’t run vpx properly but I’d think it would probably run vp9 just fine(most tables) my video card in my setup cost more then that whole system… way more :) so if I were you look for a good used gaming system and you will be much happier

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Timdawg919
              Participant
                @timdawg919

I know a bit about pc hardware and that just won’t run vpx properly but I’d think it would probably run vp9 just fine(most tables) my video card in my setup cost more then that whole system… way more :) so if I were you look for a good used gaming system and you will be much happier

And what would you consider a good used gaming system?

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Intel i5 processor with a 1050 Nvidia video card and a ssd hdd is a “good” used gaming system that would run vpx just fine.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?