NFL (Stern 2001) Chargers VPX2.1 Mod

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    xenonph
    Participant
      @xenonph
      MemberContributor

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/nfl-stern-2001-chargers-vpx2-1-mod/

A graphics Mod of Sliderpoint’s VPX NFL (Stern 2001) table. (BIG THANKS TO SLIDERPOINT FOR PERMISSION TO MOD HIS AMAZING TABLE, AND FOR HELP WIH SCRIPT, AND FOR HIS UPGRADES FOR VERSION3.0!! INCLUDING NEW GOAL POST, PLUNGER LANE GUARD, PLUNGER SOUNDS, CHANGED BEHAVIOUR ON VUK, AND MUCH MORE!) (BIG THANKS TO TOXIE AND FUZZEL AND ALL INVOLVED!!) UPGRADED CORE VBS TO ALLOW FOR 32 TEAM CAPACITY NVRAM (BIG THANKS TO STAT AND CARNY_PRIEST FOR HELP TEACHING ME COLOR DMD SCRIPT COMMANDS!!) (BIG THANKS TO CARNY_PRIEST FOR UPDATED SCORE AND INSTRUCTION CARDS IN SWF FORMAT. SO PICS AREN’T DISTORTED OR STRETCHED WITH FRONTEND USAGE!!) (BIG THANKS TO STEVE “Slydog43” FOR GRAPHICS CARD!! WITHOUT IT I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE THESE MODS!!) (BIG THANKS TO STAT FOR ADDING SCRIPT CHANGE TO MAKE TEAM COLOR CHANGES WITH MAGNA-SAVE!!) (BIG THANKS TO SCOTTYVH FOR REDOING TEXT ON PLAYFIELD LIGHTS AND FITTING CORRECTLY!!) (BIG THANKS TO GTXJOE FOR HELP WITH MUSIC AND SOUND COMMANDS!!)

THIS TABLE IS DEDICATED TO MY DAD.

All Pictures, Sounds, Logos and Trademarks are Property of their respective owners. I just found the pics on google, and got the sound files from free ringtones on google. I am a NFL FAN!!! This should be considered as fan art.

YOU WILL NEED THE NEWEST VERSION OF PINMAME 2.8B FOR THIS TABLE TO RUN PROPERLY. SLIDERPOINT TOOK ADVANTAGE OF SOME NEW THINGS ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE NEW PINMAME 2.8B because it has the GI support for Whitestar I/II based ROMs. IF PLAYED WITHOUT NEWEST PINMAME, ALOT OF THE NEW LIGHTS WILL NOT FUNCTION. YOU WILL NEED THE NEWEST VERSION OF VPX 10.2.1 FOR THIS TABLE TO RUN PROPERLY.To switch from Home,Away and Classic team colors, PRESS R-CTRL (Right Magna-Save)

******************************************************* MUSIC AND NVRAM ******************************************************* Just place the music files into music folder located where Visual Pinball was installed for Sound Mod sounds. Place all NFL.nv files in the nvram folder located in same directory as music. This will start your team instead of Giants at beginning of game. Just pull the plunger and your team  is ready to go. 3 NFL Songs play randomly with plunger pull. The rest are activated by Drain, and other areas. The Sound Mod is OFF by Default. Press the “M” key on keyboard to activate Sound Mod. Or press to turn off Sound Mod. If you want the Sound Mod activated from startup of table, change Line 19 in table script from.. Line 19  toggleModSounds = 0 ‘1 extra sound clips are on, 0 are off to Line 19  toggleModSounds = 1 ‘1 extra sound clips are on, 0 are off SAVE TABLE AFTERWARDS FOR CHANGES TO STAY. TO TURN UP ROM SOUND, HOLD THE 9 KEY AND PRESS THE 8 KEY THESE MODS HAVE A COLOR-DMD WITH TEAM COLORS. IF YOU DON’T ACTIVATE THE COLOR IN YOUR PINMAME, THE DMD COLORS WILL LOOK BLACK AND WHITE WITH NO COLORS.

Hope you enjoy!! And remember to thank the original Author of this table. I just made a couple of changes to there masterpiece. They deserve all the credit!!

Sven34
      Participant
        @sven34

Thank you  xenonph  for Stern NFL  :good:

1 user thanked author for this post.
        xenonph
        Participant
          @xenonph
          MemberContributor

I just did the graphics on these. The original table was made by Sliderpoint. Script to change team colors was added by STAT. Text on light inserts was done by ScottyVH.  And many more people helped contribute info on colorDMD and many other things. CarnyPriest made special coin and scorecards for these tables.

Without all these people, this table would not exist as it is .

You may see one name of the person who is uploading the table, but in reality, many people helped make these NFL table mods.

I would ask that you thank the original author of this magnificent table…Sliderpoint. Without him, these table mods would not exist!!

There really doesn’t seem to be very many people interested in these NFL Team mods. (Just look at number of downloads, and compare to others.)

So I am very glad to get a compliment on any of these tables.

I am glad somebody out there likes them.

And one kind word gives me motivation to keep working on these tables.

Thanks for your time Sir, and I hope you enjoy them!!

Have a great night!!

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

@xenonph People not interested in these tables might not be exactly true. As a foreigner that doesn’t have a home team or follow NFL except for the Superbowl finals one copy is enough. I don’t even remember what team I have ;) I think for these mods you have to add those downloads from all mods into one sum in order to even try to evaluate their popularity. Personally, I might add that I remember while playing this table that I wish the rule set was a bit more interesting, that is nothing you can do anything about since you’re emulating a real machine.

Reading from your release info, it seems I’m out of date – I must have missed this release between those updates of yours.
            So, thank you – I’ll have a go at this table tomorrow.

HauntFreaks
              @hauntfreaks
              vipContributorMember

thi will make me more unpopular i’m sure….  but first i want to point out some examples
              I would call these a “collection”… like LayLows wheels and Toppers collection over at VPU
              or mods like v1 – v2 -v3  but this would be v (insert shit sports team) and so one…. so it can be 1 post…. with all the downloads organized into one place easy peasy
              find the your shit team and download it… bam done…. (hint i hate sports, if they dont have wheels, a motor, or dont go fast)
              this also can be done on all the sites… all you do is add a new file to the existing main post…

Please, I really mean Please do not take this out of context… when it comes to this stuff i’m an organizing mad man
              everyone has seen how my tables folders look (like a nazi boot camp) … so of course this would drive me nuts….
              this goes for how VPF’s DL folders are all fucked up with the wrong type tables in all the wrong folders…..
              again this just needs to be organized better…. for the sports fan I’m sure they love this stuff and you do it well…. just needs to be upped a different way…

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

For me you didn’t become “more” unpopular from this post. Just the opposite. I’m with you, its a collection and it would be easier for everyone if it was treated as such. No offense to you Xenonph ! It would simply make it easier for you too.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                xenonph
                Participant
                  @xenonph
                  MemberContributor

That might work well, but would only be able to have 5 team pics in one post.(I use at least 3 pics per team table to show Home, Away, Alternate or Classic Theme. some have 5 different themes per team table.)

So fans of a certain team looking for there teams table pic, would have to hope they are one of the 5?

What if someone made a mod of NASCAR table for each top racer. 10 to 20 different NASCAR driver Table Mods.

Now what if they are all put in the same post, and  your favorite racers table pic is left out? Just have to download it and try it to see what it looks like? Real fans might want to see there racers table mod pic. And they might hate seeing the competitions pics.

If you made a Bally’s Playboy table, and a Sexy Girl table(mod of Playboy), would you put those 2 tables in same post? Its the same exact table, except for graphics. I don’t think you would.

Maybe I should put them all in one post. It doesn’t seem like it would be that big of a problem.

Or if it is bothering anyone that much, I can remove them all. And then we can all just wait for an All-In-One NFL table to be completed, which was the original plan when STAT added the team change script, but a few things need to be sorted out before it can be completed and uploaded. Which is why I just made the Home, Away, and Alternate versions to get us fans by.

Sorry if I caused any problems by uploading them to seperate posts. But each one has different graphics and sounds.

Have a great day my friends!!

HauntFreaks
                    @hauntfreaks
                    vipContributorMember

I 100% agree if someone took on the task to make all the drivers for NASCAR or soccer teams, anything that has what you would call a large collection of the same base
                    as for 5 files, I didn’t know this… VPU it seems can have countless files in a collection…
                    I’m sure randr can accommodate this as well… as for VPF…lol  well maybe in 2050….lol

sounds to me you’re not a fan of this idea??

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

I like the nfl tables. BUT i only have the vikings table in my cab. HATE the packers table!!! hate it!!! lol Cheese Heads :yahoo:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                      for IOS and Android

xenonph
                      Participant
                        @xenonph
                        MemberContributor

I certainly wouldn’t mind trying to get them all into one post for easier access for others. Damn good idea except for the 5 pic thing. I think 2 of the NFL tables have 6 themes, so I already had to leave a couple pics out due to the 5 pic limit here.

Let me get some rest first my friend. I been up all night trying to finish this GIJOE table, and get it uploaded.

I will do it as soon as I wake up Sir!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?