NFL (Stern 2001) Dolphins Blue VPX2.1 MOD

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    xenonph
    Participant
      @xenonph
      MemberContributor

NFL (Stern 2001) Dolphins VPX2.1 Mod

A graphics Mod of Sliderpoint’s VPX NFL (Stern 2001) table.
      (BIG THANKS TO SLIDERPOINT FOR PERMISSION TO MOD HIS AMAZING TABLE, AND FOR HELP WITH SCRIPT AND ALOT MORE!!)
      (BIG THANKS TO TOXIE AND FUZZEL AND ALL INVOLVED) UPGRADED CORE VBS TO ALLOW FOR 32 TEAM CAPACITY NVRAM
      (BIG THANKS TO STAT AND CARNY_PRIEST FOR HELP TEACHING ME COLOR DMD SCRIPT COMMANDS)
      (BIG THANKS TO CARNY_PRIEST FOR UPDATED SCORE AND INSTRUCTION CARDS IN SWF FORMAT. SO PICS AREN’T DISTORTED OR STRETCHED WITH FRONTEND USAGE.)
      (BIG THANKS TO STEVE “Slydog43” FOR GRAPHICS CARD!! WITHOUT IT I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE THESE MODS!!)

I also would like to thank all involved who made these programs to play these tables. From the Site maintainers, to the unknown helpers who wrote a posts many years ago with info that helped me. BIG THANKS!!

All Pictures, Sounds, Logos and Trademarks are Property of their respective owners. I just found the pics on google, and got the sound files from free ringtones on google.
      I am a NFL FAN!!!
      This should be considered as fan art.

YOU WILL NEED THE NEWEST VERSION OF PINMAME 2.8B FOR THIS TABLE TO RUN PROPERLY. SLIDERPOINT TOOK ADVANTAGE OF SOME NEW THINGS ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE NEW PINMAME 2.8B because it has the GI support for Whitestar I/II based ROMs.

IF PLAYED WITHOUT NEWEST PINMAME, ALOT OF THE NEW LIGHTS WILL NOT FUNCTION.

YOU WILL NEED THE NEWEST VERSION OF VPX 10.2.1 FOR THIS TABLE TO RUN PROPERLY.

MUSIC AND NVRAM
      These new mods have new sounds. If you have the old sounds from old mods, Delete the old or simply overwrite.
      Just place the music files into music folder located where Visual Pinball was installed for Sound Mod sounds.
      Place all NFL.nv files in the nvram folder located in same directory as music. This will start your team instead of Giants at beginning of game. Just pull the plunger and your team  is ready to go.

3 NFL Songs play randomly with plunger pull.
      The rest are activated by Drain, and other areas.

The Sound Mod is OFF by Default.

Press the “M” key on keyboard to activate Sound Mod. Or press to turn off Sound Mod.
      If you want the Sound Mod activated from startup of table, change Line 19 in table script from..

Line 19  toggleModSounds = 0 ‘1 extra sound clips are on, 0 are off

to

Line 19  toggleModSounds = 1 ‘1 extra sound clips are on, 0 are off

SAVE TABLE AFTERWARDS FOR CHANGES TO STAY.

TO TURN UP ROM SOUND, HOLD THE 9 KEY AND PRESS THE 8 KEY

THESE MODS HAVE A COLOR-DMD WITH TEAM COLORS.
      IF YOU DON’T ACTIVATE THE COLOR IN YOUR PINMAME, THE DMD COLORS WILL LOOK BLACK AND WHITE WITH NO COLORS.

You can set the Layback to 25 on DT view to have the whole apron show, but it will block part of fumble lights in outlanes.

I think we are going to need some new media packs!!

Hope you enjoy!! And remember to thank the original Author of this table. I just made a couple of changes to there masterpiece. They deserve all the credit!!

2 users thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

thanks for sharing the table here. you have a vikings one?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
        randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

IMG_6063

for IOS and Android

Attachments:
          xenonph
          Participant
            @xenonph
            MemberContributor

Wow!! nice table!!

I have only finished the Dolphins so far, but I will move the Vikings up the list.

I need to add new uniform skins to goalkeeper on the other 3 tables that are almost complete.

Seahawks…49ers…and Bears.

I did the Dolphins first for a friend who helped me get VPX running on my computer.

I then did Seahawks.

I then re-did 49ers for Sliderpoint.

And I made a deal with a friend to make Bears table if he would make all the Backglasses for these NFL tables.

These 3 tables are almost ready for upload.

He has already made Dolphins Bears Seahawks and 49ers Backglasses.

I love working on these tables!! :yahoo:

And I like helping the Pinball Community, and I want to thank you for all you have done for this community.

Laylow
            Participant
              @pinlow
              MemberContributor

Thanks Xenonph,

nice mod!

Ah

senseless
              Participant
                @senseless

Never played or saw an NFL pinball table and looking forward to learn and play this one. Thanks, looks awesome!

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

IMG_6062

IMG_6061

for IOS and Android

Koolywiz
                  Participant
                    @koolywiz

Excellent!!!  Nice job on the table.  Are the Green Bay Packers on your list?

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Excellent!!! Nice job on the table. Are the Green Bay Packers on your list?

No cheese head table before a vikings table :)

for IOS and Android

TXT11
                      Participant
                        @txt11

Not being from the States, where does a team like L.A. Kiss come in terms of a mod to NFL Stern…. Heheheheh LOL :yahoo:

Koolywiz
                        Participant
                          @koolywiz

Excellent!!! Nice job on the table. Are the Green Bay Packers on your list?

No cheese head table before a vikings table :)

LOL, I suppose since this is your site, that the Viqueens table should be built first.  ;)

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Ha!

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

robwaade
                            Participant
                              @robwaade

No cheese bay skol vikings :yahoo:

Jesperpark
                              Participant
                                @jesperpark

All I know is xenonph is a Seahawks fan, so I will get my team very soon B-)

xenonph
                                Participant
                                  @xenonph
                                  MemberContributor

I am in fact a Seahawks Fan to the bone. I suffered through many bad years,(Cough Rick Mirer Cough) but I always stuck with my team through thick and thin.

Yes the Seahawks table is almost complete and will be the next one I upload.

I also have Sliderpoints 49ers table almost ready, and I made a deal with a friend to make all the backglasses for these tables. I just have to make his Bears team Mod, which is in same state as 49ers and Seahawks.(I just need to add team colors to lights and import new goalkeeper prim and new uniform meshes.)

I will make Vikings after these first 4 that I already have almost done are completed.

I then had a request for the Patriots from someone over at VPForums.

I then will make Packers table.

It shouldn’t take me long to make these graphics mods. I am thinking maybe 2 months tops, for all teams to be completed.

Thank you for your interest in these NFL Mods.  I can’t get enough of this table!! And I love working on these tables!! :yahoo:

Have a great day!!

STAT
                                  Participant
                                    @stefanaustria
                                    MemberContributor

i would love to have one VPX, with all your Image-Mods, its easy then to Change all Image with one Key,
                                    and have just one VPX Table.
                                    Edit: ok i remember for the Info, what i gave you, atm i cant go deeper in this Table, very less time …

Simple Example(s):

Dim imagecount
                                    NFLplastics = Array (“”, “Team_a”, “Team_b”, “Team_c”)
                                    NFLplayfields = Array (“”, “PF_a”, “PF_b”, “PF_c”)
                                    NFLimages_whatever = Array (“”, “img_1”, “img_2”, “img_3”)

Sub ChangeImages()
                                    imagecount = imagecount + 1
                                    Wall50.image = NFLplastics(imagecount) ‘example Wall50 for one Wall with Plastics
                                    Table1.image = NFLplayfields(imagecount) ‘Change PF
                                    Wall10.images = NFLimages_whatever(imagecount) ‘Change other Images
                                    ‘ continue with all your Image Objects …
                                    ‘ it works on Walls, Ramps and Primitives too
                                    if imagecount = 3 then imagecount = 0 ‘your max. Table Versons, example 3 diff Image Mods
                                    End Sub

If keycode = RightMagnaSave Then ChangeImages ‘Change all Images with ex Right Magna Key

Also a good example is the PM5 Table Stern ACDC (where you can Change PF Image) OR Mustang LE, i did the same here, to Change the Car Textures:

Mustang LE

xenonph
                                    Participant
                                      @xenonph
                                      MemberContributor

I actually asked you about this when I did those first mods..here is are conversation,,,

for each Team one table ? i dont know, but you can try to Import all Images you Need,
                                      and create a KEY to Change through the Images, so you have one table and all Teams …

Example

Teamname = “Team A”

Wall1.image = Teamname

if keycode = 19 then
                                      Select case Teamname
                                      case “Team A”: Teamname = “Team ABC”
                                      case “Team ABC”: Teamname = “Team XY”
                                      case “Team XY”: Teamname = “Team A” ‘ return to A
                                      end Select
                                      Wall1.image = Teamname
                                      End If

My reply

Can you select different Playf with method above? Or just one wall?

Or could it select different Plastic with method you describe?

It can’t say Denver Broncos and have Seahawks Plastics.

It would all have to be changed for each team.

Would be great if it does whole playfield and plastics with method above.

Your reply…

about the pf i think yes, try it: Table1.image = “imagename”

i am not sure at walls

but at ramps, you can use also ramps with Rampname.image = “imagename”

and if you give them the same high at bottom and upside, can use it as areas in pf,

like animated things, with step by step images, for example

I would love to at least be able to change Home and Away Team Colors with a keypress STAT. Having the Music mods would make it difficult to change to every team. But at least Home and Away colors would be cool!!

Any help would definately be appreciated.

I am not that good at scripting.

Thank you my friend!!

STAT
                                      Participant
                                        @stefanaustria
                                        MemberContributor

WIP: one Table, all Teams … soon … B-)

robwaade
                                        Participant
                                          @robwaade

thanks for thinking about vikings hey seattle also had zorn and largent good older combo :good:

xenonph
                                          Participant
                                            @xenonph
                                            MemberContributor

After starting these NFL Mods and finding all the different Fight songs for each team,(I know them all by heart after working with these tables!!),

I have a new outlook on other teams. I now look at all the teams as one big family. Where before, I saw them as my enemy, now they are all part of the brotherhood.

I never thought I would make any team other than the Seahawks. But like I said, I have a new outlook on things. I want all the other team tables to look as good as the Seahawks table. Regardless of my attitude towards these teams in the past.

Pinball can really change your outlook on things.

The Power of the Pinball!!! :yahoo:

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?