NHL 2K9

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    really
    Participant
      @st3rn

NHL 2K9, best sports game ever made, period.

freneticamnesic
        @freneticamnesic
        vipModeratorMember

Why is that???
        I think NFL Blitz was peak sports gaming for me… I haven’t played the NHL series but I’ve played the NBA 2k games every couple years and it doesn’t ever click with me. I guess I like a little more arcade and a little less simulation in my sports games :(

Punch it!

really
        Participant
          @st3rn

Why is that???
          I think NFL Blitz was peak sports gaming for me… I haven’t played the NHL series but I’ve played the NBA 2k games every couple years and it doesn’t ever click with me. I guess I like a little more arcade and a little less simulation in my sports games :(

Because when you play NHL 2K9 there seems to be no scripting in the game, you never feel cheated and it plays just like how hockey looks on TV. EA’s NHL doesn’t even come close to how real hockey is played. I’ve played just about every sports game out and the game that takes second place would be Pro Evo Soccer 2012, once again, very little scripting.

freneticamnesic
            @freneticamnesic
            vipModeratorMember

Yea I always preferred the NBA 2K games to NBA Live, it was more fluid, not surprised the same goes for the NHL games. I always heard good stuff about PES as well but not being a big soccer fan it was hard for me to get into. Now I’m so far behind the curve. I tried Fifa and got smoked so that was enough of that

Punch it!

really
            Participant
              @st3rn

Well, NHL 2K10 and Pro Evo Soccer 2013 were crap because both companies wanted to be like EA. So in the short run they ruuined their own games. I play NHL 2K9 on the PS3, besides the game being amazing (graphics aren’t HD like EA but oh well) and the controller vibration when you get checked, you can’t beat the fun. Plus, you can grab the game at Gamestop for $0.99 today, same for Xbox.

really
              Participant
                @st3rn

Fren if you ever buy NHL 2K9, go into the settings and switch the controller to the Pro stick, makes for a better game. It’s really hard to say how fun this game is, if you never play it you’re missing out. I’m not a big hockey fan, but the game is great and for $0.99 how can you pass. Unless you don’t have a PS3 or Xbox 360.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?