North Carolina Newbie Needs Help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mrpalmetto
    Participant
      @mrpalmetto

As a newbie I am blown away with the many facets of the software installs and the different variations of the games. My newest stumbling block in Windows 10 and how it, apparently on its own, changes the display. These types of blocks, along with my terrible lack of knowledge of anything more than basic computer interactions, make it impossible to set my machine up.

I have a Ryzen 2700 16gb…..Windows 10……RX580 with 8mb…. 43” 4k….32” 768 backscreen…….old vga monitor 12” for DMD……fresh build….I own a custom cabinet company

Is there anyone who lives near Elizabethtown, or Fayetteville of Lumberton North Carolina who would be willing to help me get my machine up and running? I’m 59 years old and have been working on computers since the 8088 days. So I know just enough to screw everything up.

I’d be willing to compensate anyone for there time. Financially or by trading my wood and cabinet talents for another’s computer and visual pinball setup and get going with a front end, talents.

I have resigned myself to knowing that I am unable to put the software/computer aspects of this machine together to make it work.

Anybody out there in southern North Carolina interested in helping a brother out. I will make it far worth your time and efforts. I will even come to you. Thank you to all.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I’m nowhere near ya but the screens shouldn’t change id’s all by themselves. You should have primary and 2nd screen typically id 1 and 2 can you discribe the actual issue your seeing?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

mrpalmetto
        Participant
          @mrpalmetto

I need someone who knows computers and pinball software. I’ve had vp9 tables running. Full screen electro mechanical tables.  I have had B2s tables running. Images all over the three screens. I’ve had tables running in all different sizes on my primary screen. I’ve had tables running with the back glass image overlaying the playfield. I’ve had a DMD image once.

Ive got more hours invested in this to the point that I am broken….hence my plea. I’ve uninstalled and installed the software more times than I’ve changed underware this month. I’m at wits end. If someone out there can get me my machine running like I see in the YouTube videos I’ve seen of peoples build, I will gladly custom build them a machine cabinet to do that for me.

I could have built ten machine boxes and finished them in the time I have invested in trying to get this visual pinball, pinballX, frntends, hyperspin, future pinball, VPinMame, vp mods, vp creations, version 8, version 9.95, version X, not pinballX, and such to work like I see owner/builders have on YouTube .

set up my machine and I’ll build you a plywood box….free!

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Sounds like you just need to setup your b2s. In the tables folder you have a screeneres.txt that’s what tells size of screen 1 and screen 2. Then for your 3rd screen just run setdmd to setup location of that.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?