Oculus Rift Go and VR tables

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    designone
    Participant
      @designone

Hi

I have seen tables posted that are set up for VR I would really like to start playing these tables. I have no experience with VR so I’m really winging it. I bought the Oculus Rift S but it won’t work with my computer so I’m sending it back. If I bought the Oculus Go would I be able to play the VrR Tables available here? Any input on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

@theloafer

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

The issue with the GO is that it doesn’t have roomscale tracking, whereas everything else to some extent does.

The means that the GO can’t track your movement up/down/forward/back. So you wouldn’t have proper full movement.

That said… the GO can’t connect to a PC directly anyways, so your only option is something like using RIFT Cat with it, which isnt the best solution either.

I wouldnt recommend the GO for anything, really.

designone
          Participant
            @designone

Thank-you TerryRed,

I,m going to try a few other things before I have to send back the Oculus Rift S I bought before I do anything. It sounds like tohe go is not something I want.

A friend at work tells me Acus computers…thats what I have … sometimes have cheap Display port connections. I will try an adapter and connect it to an HDMI outlet.

Does anyone know if something like that  may work?

Sorry, this is a little off topic  but I am trying to find a way to play these tables with my “Acer VR ready Computer”

Thanks, again for your input TerryRed and your amazing work on the Pinup systems

The Loafer
            Participant
              @theloafer

@randr: Sorry for not replying earlier,  really busy with work and ballroom dance show !

@designone
              :  your computer being Acer doesn’t matter, what matters are the guts and specifically the GPU.  Vpx is especially hungry for a good pc for vr.  If all it has is onboard video, it probably won’t do the job.  So first question: what are the cpu/gpu and memory specs of this pc?

secondly, Oculus has a compatibility tool you can download from their website (google for the link) that will list where it passes and fails in the requirement so give that a try

the oculus go def won’t do the job.  The oculus quest is another standalone VR headset that doesn’t need a pc so technically should not work but oculus has made it accessible to pc apps via the oculus Link…  but again you still need a good enough pc to work, same requirements as the rift because the pc does all the work

so let us know what exactly are your pc specs and the oculus compatibility report and if it passes we can then move forward with next step

side note: I’m so impressed with the quest,  just had to say it

designone
              Participant
                @designone

Thank-you TheLoafer

I did the test and attached the results.Everything looks great but when it gets to the display port check it just spins forever.

My graphics card is AMD RX 580x

I don’ know how to get past the dispay check just spinning

Thank-you for your help

The Loafer
                Participant
                  @theloafer

Hi. I don’t see an attachment but right now I am on mobile

i will recheck this post tomorrow evening or Monday morning

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

@designone The attachment option is only for zip files.

To include images in post use image icon in editor top row far right icon “insert image” pop up on hover

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                    for IOS and Android

designone
                    Participant
                      @designone

Oculus test

The Loafer
                      Participant
                        @theloafer

Your system appears to be decent enough to work, good stuff .  So the rift S should work. your first duty is to confirm that the rift s works itself with your pc, once that is confirmed then we worry about it working with vpvr

So what exactly happens when you try to get the rift s to work on your pc?  Did you install oculus home yet?  Needed for rift s to work on your pc, it contains the rift s drivers, etc).  I can’t recall not home so can’t check but I think you also need steamvr installed for vpvr to work but that’s after confirming rift s works

you asked earlier if you could use an hdmi/display port adapter. I believe some work but don’t know if all work

designone
                        Participant
                          @designone

Hi and thank-you for your input,

I have sent the oculus rift s back but I still want one or maybe a quest. I’ve researched this from a different angle and found out they have a problem. One think I hadn’t mentioned was an orange light on the inside of the headset. That is telling you something is wrong. It seems the rift s has a problem with the usb plug. Here is a cutting from a forum.

On this topic can anyone post a link to the kind of adapter he is referring to. I don’t understand what he is saying….

Also Loafer you made mention about loving the quest. I’d like to know more. Can you run the steam app on your computer and play the games on your quest. What do you know about using the virtual desktop. I have already purchased it on the likelihood it will be great with the go or quest.

Thank-you all for your help and please read the following info as well

Hi everyone,

As people have mentioned here, this is a USB issue.
                          I have around 70 Oculus Rift S out there, on the same Windows update (1909), same laptop models, same Oculus App version, same Nvidia drivers, connected to the same networks, etc…

And yet for some reason only a third of them have this issue.

I haven’t found the cause yet, but I’ve found a fix.

If your computer has a USB-C port, get a USB->USB-C adapter and use that with the Rift S. Reboot your computer, and now everything’s green. No reinstall needed.

I’ve shipped the same adapter to ~20 clients, and it fixed the issue immediately for all of them.

I still don’t understand why it only happens on some of our machines though.

designone
                          Participant
                            @designone

I’m really hoping Virtual Desktop will help go or quest access the vr tables available here. I also hope the orange light issue with the rift s is an easy fix with an adapter.

I love the idea of running vr tables that I find here but this vr issue has been a real headache.

The Loafer
                            Participant
                              @theloafer

I thought the light was orange when it was off your head, ie: it shuts down the screens to save power, etc. Once on the head the light changed to I think white?

I love the quest, it is a great standalone VR headset. You can connect it to PC with Virtual Desktop and side loading the VD portion of the app on the quest can indeed allow you to run PCVR steam apps on the quest wirelessly but for something like VPX, I don’t think that is practical, adds too much lag.

But with the appropriate USB3.x cable connected to a VR capable PC, that should work well enough. But keep in mind if you are running a PC app, nothing will beat running it on a PC dedicated VR headset.  So getting the Rift S to work should be the priority.

Eflix84
                              Participant
                                @eflix84

Hi there, I’m curious if you got your headset to work with VPVR in the end…did you?

I have the Rift S, connected to a Nividia GTX 1060 6GB GPU (latest drivers), but I cannot select the headset in the 3D output options of the VPVR configuration.

Moreover, when starting a table I keep getting the ‘Glad failed’ error (after VPVR askes me if I want to start SteamVR, which it does). After having confirmed the error, VPVR just terminates.

Surprisingly I cannot find much on this error. Can anyone help?

designone
                                Participant
                                  @designone

Hi,

I never got it to work so I returned it.

I may buy one again in the future but for now I can’t be much help, sorry.

I hope you manage to  get it going. I’m sure it doable I just didn’t have the patients.

I will try again sometime for sure.

I think it would be worth the effort if or when you get it going

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?