PIN2DMD re-install

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    freneticamnesic
      @freneticamnesic
      vipModeratorMember

I last had Pin2dmd 2.39 on my cabinet, worked great. I’m going through a clean install now and have the dmd hooked up but am struggling to get it working. I finally got the driver installed, and I have my old activation key, but the new version of pin2dmd software doesn’t recognize the key, and if I use the backup files and put the key in the folder with the pin2dmd.exe, it doesn’t work either. The installation instruction don’t really explain the next step clearly, and since VPU is down I think all the helpful documentation is out of reach. Anyone able to help? Thanks!

Punch it!

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

I last had Pin2dmd 2.39 on my cabinet, worked great. I’m going through a clean install now and have the dmd hooked up but am struggling to get it working. I finally got the driver installed, and I have my old activation key, but the new version of pin2dmd software doesn’t recognize the key, and if I use the backup files and put the key in the folder with the pin2dmd.exe, it doesn’t work either. The installation instruction don’t really explain the next step clearly, and since VPU is down I think all the helpful documentation is out of reach. Anyone able to help? Thanks!

Will this help  — https://pin2dmd.com/installation/

freneticamnesic
          @freneticamnesic
          vipModeratorMember

Will this help — https://pin2dmd.com/installation/

It really only takes you up to activation. I have the install files and the *.key file in the same folder as the pin2dmd.exe – trying both the 32 bit version (no manual file activation) and 64bit version (manually select the *.key file) and neither seems to recognize the key. (Device activation failed!) is what the 64 bit version says. I know it’s a good activation key as it worked before and it’s directly from my backup, no other hardware changes, just a fresh install…

Punch it!

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

Note : If you have a old key starting with # instead of a letter like E,N,X etc. you need to rename your keyfile to pin2dmd.key. ??

If all fails – ask Lucky1 I guess.

outhere
              @outhere
              MemberContributorvipModerator

2 weeks ago I updated mine to 4.06 and after I did the firmware update
              I had to restart the DMD before the key would take

freneticamnesic
                @freneticamnesic
                vipModeratorMember

Note : If you have a old key starting with # instead of a letter like E,N,X etc. you need to rename your keyfile to pin2dmd.key. ??

If all fails – ask Lucky1 I guess.

yea mine starts with a #

I renamed and it still fails activation, just updated the firmware to 4.07 to be safe

Wasn’t sure if lucky1 was active here, I know I can always find him on vpu but … :(

I can see on 4.07 it’s reporting my key starting with a D but when it was still on 2.39 it was showing #…

Punch it!

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

Sure, he has an account. @lucky1

Not checking this site very regularly though. 3 weeks since last. For the VPU being down. Heard rumors that Dazz is moving the site, so expect it to be down of some days. I’m able to retrieve his email, I’ll send you PM.

freneticamnesic
                    @freneticamnesic
                    vipModeratorMember

Sure, he has an account. @lucky1

Not checking this site very regularly though. 3 weeks since last. For the VPU being down. Heard rumors that Dazz is moving the site, so expect it to be down of some days. I’m able to retrieve his email, I’ll send you PM.

Got it thanks.

Yea Dazz will have it back up soon I’m sure. I just love searching google for these issues and all the support topics are on VPU and I’m sitting here like :-)

Punch it!

freneticamnesic
                      @freneticamnesic
                      vipModeratorMember

But now I bet it would have worked if I kept it on 2.39 and used the newest software and changed the key name to pin2dmd.key… huh. So complicated.

Punch it!

freneticamnesic
                        @freneticamnesic
                        vipModeratorMember

Lucky helped. As suspected, user error. :)

Punch it!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?