Pinball FX3 PUP Packs not working

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Magius74
    Participant
      @magius74

I am having an issue with FX3 PUP packs not working at all for me. I have tried with Aliens and Deadpool Packs with only one odd success that has never worked again.

I have spent the last 5 weeks slowly learning the PinUP system following Terry’s Mega Guide and watching all his tut videos on his youtube channel. All his great info got me to the point of having FP, VPX, FX2 and FX all setup to working with Pinup player and Popper. I have gotten PUP packs to work under FP and VPX with only a few problems here and there and I was always able to figure it out by re-reading Terry’s guides or videos or even Nailbuster’s vids. But now I have been stumped for the last 4 days trying to get PUP packs to work with FX3 games.

I originally started by trying to do it with DMDext but soon found posts that it was now preferred to use PUPDMD. So I made sure I have the correct version of that setup and added the script to my FX3 launch. But it will not work. It only work one time….the first time I ever launched it after adding the PUPDMD lines to the launch script. But it has never worked again. The odd thing is that I know that PUP player and PUPDMD are running the show in the Task Manager, and I can see the PUP Player windows on my monitors after launching a game that does work in FP or VPX, but as soon as I launch into a table in FX3 all the PUP Player windows close. PUP Player is still running according to Task Manger. Then when I exit out of FX3 and go back to popper all the PUP Player windows come back. Is FX3 somehow halting or preventing Player from working????

Here is my launch script if that helps;

@echo off

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 5 5 20 “Pinball FX3”

REM — The Top Two Lines are for PUPDMDControl ( For FX2 use the same 2 lines )

cd /d “D:\Pinup Popper\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME”
      start /min “” “PUPDMDControl.exe” FX3 PINUP\[GAMENAME]

START “” “[DIREMU]\steam.exe” -applaunch 442120 -table_[GAMENAME]

If anyone can help or suggest what to look at next I would appreciate it.

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

You need to follow the directions and the example from here and it should work
        https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pupdmd_fx3

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Magius74
        Participant
          @magius74

Thanks @Outhere,

I had looked at that wiki but must have missed something. Going over it again…slowly….I was able to get the puppacks working. Now I just need to figure out how to get FX3 backglass to not play over the PuP backglass. I know I could move the Backglass out of the way or even just turn off repositioning but I want it there for Tables that do not have puppacks……hmmmm….I wonder if I could figure out how to make a rudimentary puppack of my own that just contained and animated backglass for each table….but it wouldn’t be responsive to table events….I suppose I should just buckle down and figure out DOFlinx for animated backglass, I know there are some FX3 backglasses already made for this…..but I gotta figure out DOFlinx……also need to figure out how to get FX2 to launch specific tables…..and get Zaccaria and TPA to work with popper…..lots to do and learn…..

Anyway, for anyone who stumbles on this thread in the future that would like to know what specifically solved the issue for me with FX3 Pup Packs. I really only did two things to make it work so maybe only one or both of the things was the actual solution. First I had FX3 in fullscreen so I switched it to borderless window. Second my launch script for fx3, see above, possibly had things out of order. I moved the line for starting VPXSTARTER.exe to be below the two lines for PUPDMD so that the very first thing is PUPDMD loading. That is all I was messing up on, so I hope that helps someone.

outhere
            @outhere
            MemberContributorvipModerator

@magius74
            IN FX3 turn off the back glass display
            Then go to media manager in popper and download the videos for FX3 that you don’t have
            Then go to the emulator and set the back glass to run all the time in — keep displays on
            For the ones that have puppacks go to the game Manager Keep displays on put none for the ones that have puppacks

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Magius74
            Participant
              @magius74

Pro Tip, thanks agian @outthere. You saved me some time and I really appreciate it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?