PinballX causing my Screen Resolutions to go wonky

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JLPicard
    Participant
      @jlpicard

Got a problem keeping my Screen Res’s set.  I am almost done with a cabinet, going to have three screens eventually, but I am trying to get the Playfield and the Backscreen set up before I tackle the DMD screen, so for now, it’s a two screen.

The playfield is a 1920×1080 Samsung HD and the backscreen is a 1366×768 HD Sceptre.

I can load and play several VP 9.95 games, and with my Screenres.txt set to:

3 (2 doesn’t work here so I tried 3 and it works)
      All other entries are 0

This Screenres.txt works fine if I load and play games in 9.95, but as soon as I loadup PinballX and choose one of the games I have installed I get all sorts of odd screens going on and resolution changes.
      Sometimes, it works ok:
      Elvira

Then other times I get the Loading Text on the Backscreen instead of on the Playfield as it should be:

Here’s a shot of the playfield after the resolution goes screwy.  This is in the Game Selector, and showing a static playfield image that’s gotten smaller:

Rush Resized

And yet another playfield shot, still in the Game Selector:

AFM skewed

This little gem pops up when I select a FX2 game from within PinballX Game Selector:

Radeon Error

Here’s a shot after I back out to desktop, my screen resolution for my main display has changed
      Res changed

Along with new settings for ScreenRes.txt:

Screenrestxt changed

Suggestions on how to proceed please?  Building this machine for a friend, and it’s my third cabinet but  this one is making me old(er).

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

I believe there is a setting in PBX that you need to disable in order to make it stop doing shit like that. If I where you though, just starting up it might be a better alternative to go with PBY to be honest. https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=40679&page=1

If it sees PBX installed, it can re-use what you’ve already have setup.

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

You sure screen identity is correct and matches screenres.txt? I made my screenres.txt read only when it was a bug in pbx and still is read only today.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

outhere
            @outhere
            MemberContributorvipModerator

Pinballx setupPinballx  autoconfig - Copy - Copy

outhere
              @outhere
              MemberContributorvipModerator

2 and 3 Screen set-up and more

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33272&page=7#entry346276

The LCD screen I use And specs
              I didn’t know how well the LCD screen would display the imaging But it turns out it displays a lot nicer than I thought it would….
              http://www.beyondinfinite.com/lcd/Library/Toshiba/LTA149B780F.pdf
              https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/VGA-LCD-controller-board-RT2270-14-9inch-1280-390-LTA149B780F-LCD-screen/32266352370.html?albslr=201483972&src=google

JLPicard
              Participant
                @jlpicard

Thanks for the prompt replies!  I have those settings as displayed outhere, and I’ve read that posting of yours like 40 times heh!

I just came back in from my shop and I’ve successfully (so far anyway) got PinballY up and running and it seems to be acting just fine.  Other than a few images that I need to take care of, a quick check tells me my game static images are are populated and it launches 9.95 just fine.  I even came up with a method to rotate the FX2 games.  PinballX had a box I could check to rotate, don’t find that in PinballY, but I found a small program named display.exe.  With some parameters set for it, I can toggle my play-field screen rotation before and after any FX2 game is launched.

I think PinballY is the frontend from here on out for me.  My friends are lining up for cabinets so there’s a few more in my future.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?