Pinscape for FP nudging?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gunner
    Participant
      @knievel

Anyone here using the Pinscape KL25Z board for nudging in Future Pinball?

Have it working but even with the gain cranked up to 2 I barely see any movement of the ball.

Wondering if there’s another place to increase the sensitivity? I looked at the pinscape settings and FP registry with no luck.

Thanks

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Anyone here using the Pinscape KL25Z board for nudging in Future Pinball?

Have it working but even with the gain cranked up to 2 I barely see any movement of the ball.

Wondering if there’s another place to increase the sensitivity? I looked at the pinscape settings and FP registry with no luck.

Thanks

Future Pinball analogue nudging doesn’t quite work in terms of it will never EVER tilt the game. So I just use digital nudging.

The newest DOFLinx now supports digital nudging working directly from the KL25Z….

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=40773#entry412342

Gunner
        Participant
          @knievel

Ok thanks Terry I haven’t got all my parts yet so I haven’t installed DOFLinx yet.

I guess this digital nudging will only work on the DOFLinx tables then?

Regarding the built-in FP nudging I wasn’t concerned with Tilts just wanted more ball movement when I bump the cabinet. Nothing I can do to increase that?

TerryRed
            @terryred

Ok thanks Terry I haven’t got all my parts yet so I haven’t installed DOFLinx yet.

I guess this digital nudging will only work on the DOFLinx tables then?

Regarding the built-in FP nudging I wasn’t concerned with Tilts just wanted more ball movement when I bump the cabinet. Nothing I can do to increase that?

The digital nudging in FP actually works great. I prefer it myself.

Well…if you are using a KL25Z….for analogue, then you would either somehow adjust that with the controller/gamepad setup for the AXIS you are using (if changing the GAIN in FP doesn’t help)….

….or you say screw it have DOFLinx use the KL25Z to map it to whatever key is used for nudging in FP, FX3,etc..

GeorgeH
            Participant
              @georgeh

I know absolutely nothing about Pinscape (or DOFLinx for that matter) and don’t even have a pincab.  …But there is a parameter in XML files named “Nudge” and you can increase the “Impulse” to make it nudge harder.  I normally set it to 120.  I don’t know if increasing the impulse would help you or not but you might give it a shot.  You can also change the warnings before tilt for 0 to 10 in the FP editor which is located in the bottom of the right pane.

George

Gunner
              Participant
                @knievel

Thanks George I’ll try that.

Terry, I’m still unclear on whether the digital nudging will be in effect for all FP tables or just the DOFLinx ones?

Thanks

Gunner
                Participant
                  @knievel

Impulse setting in the XML didn’t seem to increase the nudge strength at all.

Will try DOFlinx when I get my toys wired up and see how the nudge works there.

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Digital Nudge button (the nudge key/button) affects all tables. Just try it. You will get warnings before a TILT on many tables.

DOFLinx can simply make use the KL25Z’ to trigger your FP nudge key/button. Directions are in the link above I posted.

If you use an analogue AXIS (use a gamepad to test) for nudge, it never ever causes a warning or TILT. As far as I know FP doesnt have a dedicated TILT BOB Button.

Gunner
                    Participant
                      @knievel

Ah I understand now Terry. Will try that, thanks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?