pinscape nudge

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bobcatshadow
    Participant
      @bobcatshadow

I bought and setup the pinscape nudge with VPX, but I can’t say I’m pleased with the nudging effect. The problem as I see it is that the accelerometer sensor gives input on both the forward nudge but then again on the backward nudge about equally ending up with it looking like your just sliding the table around under the ball. It would be more realistic if there was a setting where you could just give it the short initial spike force without the reverse force or some damping function parameter on the reverse force. Using a joystick would work better too if there was a threshold you could set that you get a single spike force that has to be re-centered to re-trigger, instead of the current method where the analog stick is applying additional forces to the ball as long as the user’s thumb continues to hold in the nudge direction. I was thinking maybe the pinscape controller auto-center threshold could be set low enough to approximate a cancel of the reverse force, but the lowest auto-reset value is 1 second.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/nudge-filter/ – you should read up on nudge filter.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        bobcatshadow
        Participant
          @bobcatshadow

Thanks, I read that when troubleshooting along with http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/BuildGuideV2/BuildGuide.php and they mention the filter and playing around with the gain settings which I did from small to large amounts, but felt like ball shaking(both directions equally) than nudging(go more in this direction) for my setup. The problem might be my more minimal testing setup, I might be able to see if you have a full cabinet that you can push on a smooth floor how you wouldn’t get the reverse force so much. My problem might be my small setup on a carpeted floor that gives a lot of push back so I’ll try testing more on a smoother/frictionless surface for the physical box/cabinet. Neither of the article links mention the ‘dead zone’ setting which reading other threads people seem to set from 5-15%, so I can try playing with that setting to see if that helps – I’d imagine that would be good for catching larger fast physical pushes without picking up on slow drags/springs to re-center the physical box/cab. Don’t expect but would be nice to have nudge settings that allow single-directional threshold crossing triggers(just send a single impulse force on each outward crossing of the threshold after re-centering) to better support various physical setups and joysticks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?