Pinup Backglass strange problem

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    newtopinball78
    Participant
      @newtopinball78

Hello I have setup pinup player and tables work fine with my temporary 24 inch 1080p led monitor playfield and lcd monitor backglass. Everything is positioned fine.  I bought a cheap 42 inch 1080p led to use for my playfield as I plan on building a cabinet and was just testing it….all I did is unplug the led monitor and plugged in the led tv same port. Now everything on my backglass monitor has shifted down and out of position.  Pinup is acting like a portion of my backglass monitor doesn’t exist when I try to reposition where everything should be.  I don’t even understand how this is possible or why it is happening.  Extremely frustrated seems like when I get something working something else always goes wrong.  Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Did re run run the setup and position the backglass again?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

roccodimarco
        Participant
          @roccodimarco

I believe I know exactly what’s happening here.   When I reinstalled pinup no matter what I did the backglass would not go full screen and no matter what I did it wouldn’t stay where I wanted it.  I finally found my culprit.  Right click your desktop, go to your screen setup.  For me the backglass monitor was a SMIDGE too high above the playfield.  I scooted it down just a little and pinup worked perfectly again.   Just a heads up, when I did this, all my dmds were now out of position and needed to be re adjusted.  It isn’t that big a of a deal, because I just re adjust them when I play them.  Hope this helps.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          roccodimarco
          Participant
            @roccodimarco

Also, “Extremely frustrated seems like when I get something working something else always goes wrong.”

I have been doing this hobby for three years now, and I STILL to this day run into problems! Right now, I’m really trying to fix my problem with vp9 stuttering on Banzi Run.  I have yet to figure it out, but I have a few more ideas to try.  Best advice, really try and search through all the forums and faqs for an answer, and try things that you could have sworn you have done or wouldnt be “your problem”.  The problem you are having I saw mentioned in the faq on pinup and said, well that’s not the problem for me because it worked before and I never changed the monitors.  Turns out I was wrong lol.   From my experience, you get more help when you have tried everything, can explain what you have done, and provide examples of whats wrong, and not say this doesnt work fix it.

It can be frustrating at times, but stick with it, and soon you will be able to figure out most problems without help.  Consider it the “charm”  of the hobby.

outhere
              @outhere
              MemberContributorvipModerator

On Banzi Run did you right click the back glass and make sure it’s running in EXE mode

outhere
                @outhere

Hello I have setup pinup player and tables work fine with my temporary 24 inch 1080p led monitor playfield and lcd monitor backglass. Everything is positioned fine.  I bought a cheap 42 inch 1080p led to use for my playfield as I plan on building a cabinet and was just testing it….all I did is unplug the led monitor and plugged in the led tv same port. Now everything on my backglass monitor has shifted down and out of position.  Pinup is acting like a portion of my backglass monitor doesn’t exist when I try to reposition where everything should be.  I don’t even understand how this is possible or why it is happening.  Extremely frustrated seems like when I get something working something else always goes wrong.  Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

2 & 3 Screen set-up and more
                https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/3-screen-set-up-and-more/

roccodimarco
                Participant
                  @roccodimarco

I believe so, I’ll have to double check tonight.  I also have another backglass ready to go, because I have read that could be the culprit.  Hey quick request, can you share what your vp9 settings are?  I used to have mine running great until a reinstall and now I feel like its not as great,  and I have no idea what I did differently.  Its just vp9

outhere
                    @outhere

Video card is default and basics in VP-995

settings 991

roccodimarco
                    Participant
                      @roccodimarco

Nice Ill try that. One last question on vp9, when you are at the tables option, that fxaa, what do you want that to be at?  I have seen 0 and 1 on tables

newtopinball78
                      Participant
                        @newtopinball78

Thank you everyone for your suggestions but it was roccodimarco was saying about going to desktop and aligning the monitors that resolved the issue. Thanks :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?