Pinup creation etiquette

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    g33cad3
    Participant
      @g33cad3

Hi All,

Just a quick question. I now its frowned upon to mod a table without asking the original creators permission, which I completely agree with.

My question is it OK to create a Pinup Pack when there is already one available. It’s just I don’t want to be upsetting people or stepping on anyones toes.

I have already started and will take a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to create as its an animation based one rather than ripping videos from certain media.

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

Absolutely

1 user thanked author for this post.
        g33cad3
        Participant
          @g33cad3

Thanks Tom. Just wanted to make sure.

I am hoping to redo Taxi but only at the very very rough stages at the moment.

taxi_test

Never done one before and struggling to get it working at the moment … but we will get there in the end (by 2022 :))

NailBuster
            @nailbuster
            ModeratorMember

The etiquette is the same with vpx tables and other types of community ‘work’.

if you are creating the PuPPack from scratch with all your own ‘work’ then there’s no permission/credit needed.  Even if there’s another PuPPack or already two PuPPacks already for that one table, you can do what you please.

The problem comes when you just want to ‘re-skin’ or ‘tweak’ an existing puppack.  If you grab an existing PuPPack and use its PuPCaptures(dmd framegrabs) and use its triggers/events and just put your ‘twist’ or add/change some videos then that is not fair.  You should ask permission to use other peoples packs in that scenario as getting pupcaptures and setting up triggers can take 10-50+ hours just on that non-visual parts.  SO if you are using other peoples work you should ask permission to use their work is best…(and giving credit/props is free and easy…never worry about giving too much props if you use others works).

1 user thanked author for this post.
            g33cad3
            Participant
              @g33cad3

Cheers Nailbuster.

Would just like to say thank you for creating the wonderful Pin Up system.

I’m not going to using any other PUP as I know how much work the guys put into creating them and they have my full admiration for creating such enhancements to already great tables.

I’m going to be doing it all from scratch as would like to learn the system.

g33cad3
              Participant
                @g33cad3

Wow this process is taking a lot longer than first thought. Could be more like 2 years till its done. Anyway here is a very rough spinout video to show what I am trying to do.

https://youtu.be/_i2ItQi7W0g

(I tried to embed the video but the forum said NOOOOO! hahaha)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?