I broke my UltraDMD!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bushav
    Participant
      @bushav

I’ve spent two complete days trying to get PinUp player and Pup Packs working.  It’s been very very frustrating.  The videos are great and the Wiki is great. PupPlayer was attempted using TRON and JAWS as test tables.  Jaws would freeze the videos after 30 seconds and TRON would occasionally run until the end of the game with videos about 50 percent of the time.  However when it was working the videos would cause the ball to stutter when events were triggering another video.

In trying to unwind back to my original config I realized UltraDMD was no longer working  I have now done a reinstall and am back to a smooth running VPX and PinballX

TRON was beautiful when it was running correctly but I just had something not quite right even though I tried my darndest to follow the guidance step by step

GTX 1060 video card

SSD 500 gig drive

• three monitor cabinet

Lane

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

Go to the registry and make sure UltraDMD is not set to hide

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

OK….so first you make a post with a title that is complete B/S… as PuP has absolutely nothing to do with UltraDMD files at all. It doesn’t change them, modify them or touch anything to do with their configuration.

If your UltraDMD is  now “broke”…that can only happen with a result of other changes made to your setup that have nothing to do with PuP…out of date software…or changes / updates to a table that are required… many things can be the problem. Chances are, in the last 2 days, you have probably done something that you weren’t supposed to, or an update wasn’t completed properly. (Assuming you are up to date)

You can have PuP installed on any system and it literally doesn’t affect anything unless it is called to be used by a table (just like a directb2s). It doesn’t run in the background or anything like that. So all you needed to do was remove any pup-packs. You don’t need to attempt to uninstall anything. I’m not sure what you meant by “After disabling PupPlayer in the setup file” even means. Did you even read anything here to try to get your pup-pack working better:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

If you no longer wanted to use PuP with Jaws or Tron…then with both you simply remove the pup-pack, and with Jaws (assuming you are using the newest update) you reenable UltraDMD. If Jaws or still has problems, be sure other tables are working fine with UltraDMD, as maybe Lynn’s update to Jaws may have an unforeseen bug.

You also haven’t given barely any details about your system’s hardware, your VPX configuration (which very much matters)…. or anything else.

Are you still running a directb2s at the same time (which you shouldn’t)? Do you have vsync properly set in VPX? Do you still have PBX media running when launching the table (you shouldn’t)? Did you try running tables and pup-packs outside of PBX?

If the “all-in-one-installer” frightens you…that says a lot. I have a complete video guide for installing ALL the software you need on my channel (37 mins) , and also now linked on the PuP wiki. Nailbuster’s video for installing PuP is 15 mins. How that translates to watching 14 hours of videos to install PuP is beyond me.

When you conclude about “beware the dangers” of using PuP…. and yet 99% of ppl have no problems with it… 8000+ downloads…

…yet on this forum you have replied twice and your first posted topic claims that PuP “broke” your UltraDMD. Maybe you need to understand how the software works before making such claims.

bushav
          Participant
            @bushav

Post edited to reflect a fresh new day. Frustrated at midnight last night. I didn’t spend 14 hours watching videos!  But I did watch the two videos multiple times. They are wonderful.

I loved the TRON Pack when it was running!  I did run all the videos in VLC just to make sure they worked. By disabling PUP in the system I was referring to the config file referred to in the video where you state True that PUP is to be used. I changed it back to False in my attempt to get things going again.

It turned out the fresh install of VPX only took about 30 min. I saved tables, music and registry files. Took another hour to get PinballX reinstalled and populated

I’m back in business. Missing those TRON motorcycle videos though!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?