PinUp Popper – 4K Recording

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CodingGamer
    Participant
      @codinggamer

Playing around with the recording options in PinUp Popper.  I can record the Backglass and DMD with no issues and the results look great.  But when I try to record my 4K playfield it is not working well at all.  When I start recording the frame rate drops and the resulting video looks even worse than it looked ‘live’.

I am running a i5-4690K processor with 16GB of ram and GTX 1060 with 6GB.  This setup so far plays everything wonderfully, but this recording is bringing my machine to it’s knees.   Any suggestions on changes to make?  I have played around a bit with the settings in the recordstart.bat file with no success.  Is my machine just too underpowered for this?

Thanks!

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

Don’t worry… me, Terry, Rob are ‘pixel peepers’ with quality of 4K videos,  we’ve spent a lot of hours fine-tuning 4k recording!!   :)

We haven’t documented the setup to record your 4K playfield yet… but will shortly.

Here’s an example of one I did on my cab at 4K30fps… and its not a high-end card/system at all… rx480

here’s another i got down to 12mb for a 30 second clip in 4K…

CodingGamer
        Participant
          @codinggamer

Thanks NailBuster!  Glad to hear there are options coming to get this working better.  Looking forward to it!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?