PinUp Popper does not run full load cycle of game

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    pinball
    Participant
      @pinballpal

Gottlieb Spring Break 1987 v 1.03 in Visual Pinball x will load in PinUpPopper . You can set the amount of games with the coin. When starting the game it will initialize to the counter to zero. The problem occurs after that.  It should move on to text that says “Press Flipper to launch ball but never does.

This game is unique in the sense that you use the flipper to launch the balls. When the game is almost initialized for play the plasma displays will put out a sign on the top  “”press flipper to launch ball” and then rotate the zero game counter until you press the flipper.  At this point the game is ready to play and the ball is fired from the load channel. This text never shows up whenever I load through Popper and hence the game will not allow you to start.   Anytime I load through popper the game will not start properly either through the keyboard or game controller.

Through a lot of trial and error I found out that if  close out popper and then open Visual Pinball X load the game and then shut  Visual Pinball   down the game plays correctly through Visual Pinball X. If you just put the game in design mode this won’t work.

If I try to launch curlaunch.bat after exiting Visual Pinball X the default script generated fails to get that flipper message to come up and the game is locked up and will not respond to any start commands with game controller or keyboard.  This is the code in curlaunch.bat

START “” “C:\PinUPSystem\Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 30 10 60 “Visual Pinball Player” 2
      cd /d “C:\Visual Pinball”
      if “0”==”1″ (
      START /min “” vpinballx.exe “C:\Visual Pinball” -DisableTrueFullscreen -minimized -play “C:\Visual Pinball\Tables\Spring Break (Gottlieb 1987) v1.03.vpx”
      ) else (
      START /min “” vpinballx.exe “C:\Visual Pinball” -minimized -play “C:\Visual Pinball\Tables\Spring Break (Gottlieb 1987) v1.03.vpx”

)

But if I open up Visual Pinball, load the game and then shut it down completely with the game loaded, make the following change in curlaunch.bat and execute it manually the game works as designed.

START “” “C:\PinUPSystem\Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 30 10 60 “Visual Pinball Player” 2
      cd /d “C:\Visual Pinball”
      if “1”==”1″ ( <—-changed to 1 == 1 ran the curlaunch.bat manually and the game worked fine.
      START /min “” vpinballx.exe “C:\Visual Pinball” -DisableTrueFullscreen -minimized -play “C:\Visual Pinball\Tables\Spring Break (Gottlieb 1987) v1.03.vpx”
      ) else (
      START /min “” vpinballx.exe “C:\Visual Pinball” -minimized -play “C:\Visual Pinball\Tables\Spring Break (Gottlieb 1987) v1.03.vpx”
      )

Now if you shut down the game after executing manually and open pinup popper the 0==1 script is regenerated and the game breaks again. If I reboot the computer again and then make the change to “1” = “1” in the curlaunch.bat script it works fine again.

I tried to uncheck in VPX->Preferences-> Video/Graphics -> Force exclusive full screen mode in Visual Pinball x. Then I rebooted and tried to load Popper again. Same thing, the game locked up and wouldn’t start. If you open and close Visual Pinball x and then shut down the game again everything is reset.

I included two screenshots to demonstrate how the plasma should display properly.  Screenshots shows the  Phrase “Push Flipper to Play”

Screenshots2 shows the display stuck on zero counter. This is not correct. It should flip to “Push Flipper to Play” but locks up at this point and the game won’t start.

Anyone have any idea what to do to fix this? It’s a favorite game of mine and right now I have a desktop link set up to start it but it sure would be nice if Popper would run it correctly.

Thanks,

PinballPal

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?