PinUP Popper (new front end), first video Preview!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

OK…so I’m proud to be able to present the first preview of PinUP Popper! I go through a simple demonstration of it’s basic features that you can see when browsing and some “other” features. ;) The layout of the playfield “framed” view and the media is something I made for my own setup (but anyone can do it). You can setup the wheelbar wherever you want. (by default, they are on the backglass with only fullscreen videos displayed).

Please note that, the video may have a little bit of stuttering as a result of OBS trying to record 4K playfield, 2K underlay video, Topper, BG, DMD and Popper all on my cab.

Under normal operation and complete setup everything runs fast and smooth.

Please keep in mind this is still a WIP beta…but I figured you’d like to see what you guys can do.

Skip to about 4:30 to ignore my ramblings about features…but I recommend watching the whole video!!!

Enjoy!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Is it ok to say my hair on the back of my neck stood up when I first launched this frontend in my cab! Un real still testing it but so far works great! had to rotate all my playfield media but not a big deal to do

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
        Participant
          @jesperpark

This looks freaking awesome!!!  Nothing like having a front end that is this flexible, can’t wait  :good:

Tron looks superb as well Terry

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

It’s very easy to setup and can be basic or fancy I think every option anyone has ever wanted is in this thing. I like it! Funny name but really is nice :good:

for IOS and Android

robertms
            Participant
              @mophead

Looks fantastic. Should have called it PinBuster  :whistle:

TerryRed
                @terryred

Is it ok to say my hair on the back of my neck stood up when I first launched this frontend in my cab! Un real still testing it but so far works great! had to rotate all my playfield media but not a big deal to do

BTW..look closely at the Topper pic on the Burnin’ Rubber playlist…

…that’s some crazy red-head with a mullet, in the 71 Chevelle burning out like a mad fool.  Pic looks like its from 1991….

Nutmegz
                Participant
                  @nutmegz

OMG this looks awesome. Just wish I saw it before I burned tons of time on the one I was working on :P One thing for the recording, it would be awesome if there was a way to set it to record a certain amount of time vs having the push the stop record button again.

TerryRed
                    @terryred

OMG this looks awesome. Just wish I saw it before I burned tons of time on the one I was working on :P One thing for the recording, it would be awesome if there was a way to set it to record a certain amount of time vs having the push the stop record button again.

I think that it’s currently set to a MAX of 60 secs…but you still need to push your stop button to tell popper that you are “done”.

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

You keep talking a lot about buttons. How many buttons does this front-end currently require ?

marie
                      Participant
                        @marie

Simply amazing this new Front End!

Too bad the video only lasted 24 minutes…I really enjoyed it. Awesome!

Especially your Horror theme looks stunning!

Really makes me wanting to create my one customizations.

And finally thanks as well for the Tron LE preview :)

TerryRed
                          @terryred

You keep talking a lot about buttons. How many buttons does this front-end currently require ?

The standard buttons: launch, start, flippers, exit, coin  will be all you need. If you have extras then you can make use of them for more things like page cycle, etc…

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

I only have start, coin, launch, left right flipper, quit and a buy in button and I set this up just fine with same exact functionality as I’m used to. So only 7 buttons on my cab less is more :)

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

senseless
                            Participant
                              @senseless

Woo Terry looks great! I can see you invested a lot of time in your custom popper already ;). Running the beta and testing now. The interface is very nice and super fast.

@Thalamus
                              : Have four buttons on the front, 2 flippers and 2 manga. I use the shift feature of the IPAC to have some additional button combos for using Instruction/Help and Movie capture options.

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Shocking how fast this frontend is.

for IOS and Android

tthurman
                                Participant
                                  @tthurman

There’s a new kid in town B-)

Looks great!

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

I should mention I prefer simple things. But that said I love my hyperspin arcade cab. Love that frontend! And this reminds me a bit of that in a way. Totally customizable, super smooth and fast, easy to setup all the databases and media, add to favs in the fly I cannot think of anything they didn’t include! Can really be a simple frontend or a complex media smorgasbord if you like.

for IOS and Android

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?