PinUP System installed and working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JLPicard
    Participant
      @jlpicard

I installed the PinUP system so I could install some of the newest VPX tables that require PinUP to be installed.  Freezy is up and working and now I have installed my first PinUP table as mentioned on NailBuster’s install video I used X-Men.  Running fine, but, please don’t take this wrong cuz I realize there has been a lot of work that went into developing these, I just don’t want the videos on the BG to play, just would like to retain the DB2S backglass, more reminiscent of a pinball table and skip all the video clips.  So, my question is, can I disable any of the videos on the BG from playing and get back to just the DB2S BG?  If so what needs to be done to do that please?

EDIT: Found another NailBuster video that explains how to move the BG videos onto the Topper screen (I don’t have one) so I changed all the screen #2’s to #0’s except for the very top one and that worked.

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

confused on what you are saying/asking?

if you remove the puppack folder (romname) from the pupvideos subfolder then it won’t have a puppack for that rom?

JLPicard
        Participant
          @jlpicard

confused on what you are saying/asking?

if you remove the puppack folder (romname) from the pupvideos subfolder then it won’t have a puppack for that rom?

I love the PUP system but don’t really care for all the videos running during events on the table, I do have a X3 screen cabinet, but not really set up as I have seen other PUP cabinets set up with the split backglass/topper sorta set up where you can have the backglass and the videos playing at the same time.  So I was just interested in playing the games with no videos, just the B2S backglass.  Then I found another of your Youtube videos : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FSBGFGWGgY

This video explains how to use the PackEditor to do just that.  Thanks much for your work and great video explanations.  I like how you ‘get to the point’ and don’t spend many minutes rambling on, you get right to it!

JLPicard
          Participant
            @jlpicard

Ok I moved on to two more tables, Harry Potter and Stranger Things.  Harry Potter has to be one of the best games I have ever seen in VPX, and I am really sold on the implementation of the PUP package all enabled.  The video clips are not overdone and seamless.  The DMD is beautiful, everything about this shows me what PUP system is about and what can be done with it.  Stranger Things, not quite on par as Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, but still very well put together.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?