PinUp Videos Stopped Working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Torre
    Participant
      @torre

My PinUp player stopped working for “Stranger Things” and new downloads. It’s a weird situation because it still works fine for “Clue”.

Here’s the back story.

A few weeks ago I only had 1 table to use PinUp and that is “Stranger Things SE”. It has always worked great. Then I downloaded “Clue” which also used PinUp videos  and it too works great.

So yesterday I decided to add a couple of more PinUp tables. The new “Masters of the Universe” and “Tron Legacy”. I already had Tron Legacy table but decided to add the PinUp media.

Neither TL nor MOTU will work. The PinUp backdrop frame (or whatever it’s called) opens but no videos inside of it whatsoever. Both tables play fine but no videos. Now my Stranger Things doesn’t work either. The table plays fine but no Pinup media. The funny thing is that when I close the table I see the PinUp media for a split second and then it closes. I removed both the Tron & MOTU video folders from PinUp and use standard B2S backglass now for both of those and they play fine.

But “Stranger Things” videos and music no longer works.

I don’t understand why “Clue” still works fine?

Any ideas?

Thank you

Mark

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Sometime processes from playing with Pup enabled tables doesn’t exit cleanly for me. So, if I encounter problems. Killing the processes when nothing should be running most of the time fixes the problem. I had one case where it could not resolve it except doing a reboot.

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

If a PuP-Pack isn’t exiting out…it could be:

• pinupmenu.exe needs to be run as admin (and nothing else in PinupSystem folder)
          • your Exit Emulator key / button cannot be the same as VPX’s Exit button. Popper needs to be what is closing VPX cleanly
          • UltraDMD tables. Some of these tables don’t have a proper closing or exit part added to the table’s script
          • you may have something else causing an error that you may not notice.
          • SAM tables and at91jit can cause issues for some
          • Pack wasn’t created optimally and may have been too much for your system to handle, so it didn’t exit out properly after having some kind of crash.
          • FX3 tables using dmdext and pup / doflinx can’t have dmdext run as admin or the pup-pack won’t close out.
          Torre
          Participant
            @torre

Thanks guys.

I did not have pinupmenu.exe set to run as administrator so now it seems to be working again.

It’s always worked before so it’s weird.

Thalamus, I too have had to reboot in the past to play a PinUp table(s) more than once so I tried that first.

Anyway, the problem must be resolved because it is working again.

Thanks again!

Mark

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?