PinVol and SSF volume adjustment issue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    handyturnips
    Participant
      @handyturnips

Solved!:  Thank you @dopdahl and all who replied

Hi, wondering if anyone else is or has experienced a similar problem.

I have PinVol 2.0 installed and running.

Global and Table volume work properly.  However, changes to Backglass, Rear, and Front Gain have no impact on volume.  I’ve also manually adjusted gain in EqualizerAPO.  I see change but I do not hear change.  If I adjust the EQ though, I hear the change as expected.  Does anyone know how EqualizerAPO accesses the gain for those speakers?  I’ve tried multiple Realtek drivers as well as followed  various troubleshooting techniques out there.  i.e. completely removed the mmdevice registry key and reinstalled.  Try PinVol config and install with SFX/EFX (experimental) but to no avail I just cant get this to work.   I created my own config for testing and when I adjust the rear gain in EQAPO it doesnt seem to impact the sliders in the sound device (not sure if thats expected behaviour or not).

Also to note, I have not tried Realtek HD Audio Manager as it has a bug where after I reboot my system it doesn’t seem to detect the jack inputs correctly and will revert back to default stereo.  Current Drivers I have installed are 6.0.1.8186.

Thanks for your support.

PINVOL-Settings

EQAPO-rear-gain-adjustment-test

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by handyturnips.
      Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Maybe ask the FB guys that haven’t even bothered to release SSF 2.0 to the community ?

dopdahl
        Participant
          @dopdahl

What does your EQ APO config.txt look like?

Is see it in the UI.  Not sure how the UI translates to the txt file.

PinVolSSF must be the last line in the file…

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by dopdahl.
          1 user thanked author for this post.
          handyturnips
          Participant
            @handyturnips

What does your EQ APO config.txt look like?

Is see it in the UI. Not sure how the UI translates to the txt file.

PinVolSSF must be the last line in the file…

Thanks for your reply.  The config.txt file was blank (empty).  But now in the last hour I’ve figured out that if I add in the channels and preamp, controlling the sound works!   So now I think it has something to do with what you’re referring to.   I just read that only items in config.txt are processed by EQAPO so I’m thinking it may need include:PinVolSSF.txt but still haven’t got it working.  Even reinstall of both PinVol and EQAPO didn’t help.  If anyone is able to share their config.txt file that would be great!

dopdahl
            Participant
              @dopdahl

Here’s mine.

GraphicEQ: 20 0; 25 0; 31.5 0; 40 0; 50 0; 63 0; 80 0; 100 0; 125 0; 160 0; 200 0; 250 0; 315 0; 400 0; 500 0; 630 0; 800 0; 1000 0; 1250 0; 1600 0; 2000 0; 2500 0; 3150 0; 4000 0; 5000 0; 6300 0; 8000 0; 10000 0; 12500 0; 16000 0; 20000 0
              Preamp: -9.2 dB
              Include: ThumpSSF.txt
              Include: PinVolSSF.txt

1 user thanked author for this post.
              handyturnips
              Participant
                @handyturnips

Woohoo!  This solved my problem.  OMG, what a huge difference it makes having control over the levels.  The tables just seem to come alive.  @dopdahl , thank you so much!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by handyturnips.
                Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

They truly come alive with the updated 10.6ssf-rc1 … or soon I hope, offical version.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?