Plunger has no oomph

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    MydknyteStyrm
    Participant
      @mydknytestyrm

Using Zeb’s Plunger kit and so far everything works as far as movement. It just doesn’t hit the ball hard enough to send it up the launch chute. Where can I adjust the settings move the ball? I looked in VP Physics and saw Strength but not sure what the units represent. Any tips would be appreciated.

Jesperpark
      Participant
        @jesperpark

Is this for all tables?  I would guess you need to calibrate your plunger.  Zeb should have a post on his website on how to do it still.  From memory it’s like a gaming controller setup and you can adjust/calibrate the Z axis of the controller

MydknyteStyrm
        Participant
          @mydknytestyrm

It happens on all tables, and the instructions on Zeb’s site say not to calibrate in Windows.

Jesperpark
          Participant
            @jesperpark

Okay, mine was a older version so maybe that has changed.  I would contact Zeb by email and ask him, my guess if it’s all tables there is a plunger issue.  You can adjust plunger strength on tabes but it’s a table by table process

Gwen
            Participant
              @gwen

I have a Zeb’s V3 plunger and it works just great.  You can adjust the the mechanical plunger strength in VP by opening the options panel, going to physics and finding the value for mechanical plunger and changing it.  Normally this value is set to 100% in most tables but you can increase it.  I have a number of tables set to 120% or 130% for the very reason you described.

Oh, and no, you do not want to manually calibrate the Zeb’s plunger.  It auto calibrates itself when it powers up.

Gwen
              - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

Jesperpark
              Participant
                @jesperpark

So you guys had to adjust every table??  I have a version 1 and 2, both just worked right out of the box.  Tell that old crank to get his poop in a group with v3 :)

MydknyteStyrm
                Participant
                  @mydknytestyrm

That did the trick. I bumped it up to 130% and boom we got game.

Gwen
                  Participant
                    @gwen

I didn’t need to adjust all my tables, just some of them.  For any tables based on real tables I have played I try to adjust the plunger to match the real one.

Gwen
                    - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

m3chstaa
                    Participant
                      @m3chstaa

If anyone still has this problem you might find that things have changed in VPX but I did find a similar solution. Instead of the above advice of going into options (if you do this and go to physics and change the value beyond 100 it doesn’t seem to make any difference [the valid values does say 100 is max].

However, I found the solution is something similar by clicking on the plunger in the editor. Make sure the Options tab is open and the plunger values and settings should be brought up in the small options window. Click on “State & physics”. I only had half hour to mess but I found that changing these values definitely did the trick. Obviously this means changing settings on a table by table basis but it does work. for the TOTAN table, as an example, I increased release speed to 140, scatter velocity to 2, mech strength to 130, momentum Xfer to 2 and Park position to 1. Playing the table with these settings seemed to work well and pulling the plunger back all the way easily shot the ball forward with plenty of strength. These settings also worked for less than 100% launch speed, e.g. for skill shots. I’m guessing other tables might need other values but it’s a start. It might need you to experiment with those values a little to get it tuned to your particular setup.

Hope this helps and I appreciate the help above, though I am guessing things have changed in the newer VPX.

LW

flstclasic
                      Participant
                        @flstclasic

I have Zebs V3 and have only had to change plunger settings on very few tables. 99% of tables just work. I would contact Steve if I were you. I would hate for you to change settings on possibly hundreds of tables. From my experience Zebs should just work for the most part. I do recall it is calibrated to be mounted on (I think) 3/4 inch wood. Also it is calibrated for a specific plunger mechanism (Williams, Bally perhaps), can’t recall. It is all in the instructions on Zebs site. First, I would be sure I had the correct plunger and the correct mounting width.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?