RESOLVED: Popper Record option no longer working

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rob3d
    Participant
      @rob3d

Before today recording the play-field worked correctly in my setup.  I noticed stutter in some of the videos so I decided to try the obs option.  I installed OBS and followed all the instructions from nailbusters site and nothing worked.   (It worked perfectly outside of popper but would never trigger correctly in the front end)

I noticed that the default directory in the recordstart.bat file was wrong as new installations of the current OBS install to Program files, not Program files x86.  I changed that path and it still wouldn’t start recording.  I decided to cast this aside for the time being and reverted back to ffmpeg and now that doesn’t work either.  I went as far as to overwrite all the files in the recordings folder with one from a fresh installation and still nothing.

When I hit the key to start recording I no longer hear “I am now recording you playing with your balls”.  The only sound that plays when u hit the record key is the windows null chime that usually happens when you hit a key that ins’t currently functional in an application.  Hitting the record button again plays the stop record audio and the jeopardy jingle, but it plays infinitely if not stopped from the task manager and no video is produced.

Windows defender is disabled and the entire pinupsystem folder is added as an exception just in case.  All files in the folders have been unblocked in properties.  I’ve overwritten the files 3 times with clean installations and I’m still getting no result.

Has anyone encountered this before?  I’m trying to figure out how changing 10 characters in a batch file could muck it all up this much to the point where overwriting the files and starting from scratch still doesn’t work.

Any ideas?

rob3d
      Participant
        @rob3d

I found the solution if anyone has an issue like this going forward.   At some point there must have been a crash that left the recording.txt file that is generated through the process in the recordings folder.  If this file is present before you trigger a recording the process will never start, but it will still be possible to trigger the recording stop function which causes the endless encoding music. Deleting this file before running popper fixed my issue and I am able to record again and am able to use OBS.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?