Popper – Trigger secondary loading video on table launch

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    byancey
    Participant
      @byancey

My DMD is setup to display “PRESS START TO LAUNCH” while scrolling through tables in Pinup Popper.   Upon launching a table, in addition to the standard Launchbar loading video on my playfield, I would also like to change the DMD to display a “LOADING” video in place of (or over) the “PRESS START…” video.  I assume this should be possible given the flexibility of PinUP Player and Popper, but after reading through all the documentation I could find, as well as searching the forums, exactly how to accomplish this is not obvious to me.   It seems I ought to be able to do this via some combination of a trigger tied to one of the “Other” video windows, but I have no idea if a trigger exists for Launch, or if so, what I would put in the trigger field to trigger the video?

Is what I’m trying to do actually possible with Popper?   Perhaps there’s a more obvious way than what I’m thinking.  I’m about to just dive into scripts and start trying things, but any help on the correct approach would be appreciated.

Thanks!

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Not really supported… just one pup screen is dedicated to loading videos.

byancey
        Participant
          @byancey

Not really supported… just one pup screen is dedicated to loading videos.

Thanks Terry, that helps.  Now there’s no need to spend any more time searching for a way to do this directly via Popper. :)

Fortunately, I have a plan B that I believe will work.  I already have some scripts I put together for use with my PinballX setup that leverage VLC to launch and kill custom DMD videos.  I’m sure those can be adapted to do what I’d like to do with Popper.  Should be able to run those scripts via the emulator Launch Script and Close Script fields respectively.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?