Pup Player optimization

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Psmiraglia
    Participant
      @psmiraglia

Since the very beginning, some of the PUP videos skip frames when playing on VPX (Tron most noticeably). I don;t think it is HW related, but I suspect there are either VLC, B2S or Nvidia optimization steps that would help me… Are there such optimization steps I should try ?

thanks,

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Since the very beginning, some of the PUP videos skip frames when playing on VPX (Tron most noticeably). I don;t think it is HW related, but I suspect there are either VLC, B2S or Nvidia optimization steps that would help me… Are there such optimization steps I should try ?

thanks,

Are you using 32 bit 2.2.8?  You can’t use V3.0+

VLC must be left at it’s defaults! Do not enable HW acceleration!

If the videos don’t play well in VLC outside of PuP…then they will never play well for you in PuP.

VLC is very CPU dependent…so if you are pushing your CPU to it’s limit…there’s not much more you can do.

Make sure you don’t have a B2S running at the same time. They are not needed or wanted with a PuP-Pack running.

I use nvidia defaults.

Psmiraglia
        Participant
          @psmiraglia

2.2.8, no hw accel, defaults. CPU is at 30%, vp takes 20 or so, pup less than 10. No b2s file.
          Videos play perfectly on vlc.

NailBuster
            @nailbuster
            ModeratorMember

is your backglass 1080p?  if not , I would try to make the videos match the native resolution of display.

so if you have a 720p backglass… resize the HD 1080p videos to 720p…

this can be done with handbrake or any batch tool…

also someone mention once they were using a cpu tool to give more power to vpx… that was causing issues with playback… just another thought.

Psmiraglia
            Participant
              @psmiraglia

Running 720p. I may try transcoding. Txs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?