Question for VP experts

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by ozg.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TNT2
    Participant
      @tnt2

A couple of months ago I was updating VP. I started seeing strange physics behavior. The ball would sometimes pull to the left on tables like there was a magnet. I assumed at the time that it was some issue with VP 10.2.1. After troubleshooting for several hours I couldn’t fix it. Fortunately I have learned that you need to backup VP early and often. So I reverted to a previously backed up file. It has also made me a bit gun shy to update.

Fast forward a couple of months. I am running 10.2.0 and VpinMAME 2.8. Ninuzzu recommended updating VpinMAME to 2.9 for the ACDC LE to work properly. I updated the table and was comparing 2.9 and 2.8 when I noticed the same strange ball behavior on it. I also tried Kingpin and it was also doing something similar.

Long story short when you update VpinMAME is there some kind of registry that is made that makes it not possible to roll back without changing the registry? Something like that might explain the behavior.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I would think it’s a nudge sensor on your system causing that issue and not vpinmame. Perhaps different versions may make it show up more? Unplug any nudge device you may have and try it.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

TNT2
        Participant
          @tnt2

I assume that would only apply to cabinet users? I am just one of those lowly desktop users.  :cry:

ozg
          Participant
            @netweight

I assume that would only apply to cabinet users? I am just one of those lowly desktop users. :cry:

Desktop here also, I sent you a file, see if any of that works for you. Let me know.

Later

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?