Rolling Stones (Bally 1979) – iDig rEMix Vol. 2

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Bosco
    Participant
      @bosco

Im still having problems I have tried starting with no nvram file creating a new one still no luck. I tried using a older version with no music to create a nvram and that did the same thing when the music game was loaded no ball when starting.

Somewhere in all the testing it worked 1 time. I played the game, put a quarter in to play again and hit enter the game started but no ball again back to square 1   ???

anybody with any idears on what to check?? The new kiss table is doing the same thing it must be something in VPMame??

iDigStuff
      Participant
        @dkane626

Hi @bosco. If you used another older version of the table (pre mods) and it did the same thing even though you created a new nvram then I would agree it’s most likely an issue other than the table itself. maybe the way the table is interacting with pinmame. If you’re getting credits, the game is starting, the music is playing then it seems everything is mapped correctly.  I’ve attached my known working nvram. You can try that as well. Make sure you are using VPX 10.6. Other than that idk

Attachments:
        Bosco
        Participant
          @bosco

Thanks for your help it is still not working all the time maybe 1 out of 10 tries then it works. If I figure it out I will post it. Maybe a corrupt VP file somewhere.

elvinu
          Participant
            @elvinu

Thanks for your help it is still not working all the time maybe 1 out of 10 tries then it works. If I figure it out I will post it. Maybe a corrupt VP file somewhere.

I have the same exact problem.  I first noticed it with the Mike Tyson Punch Out table which was based on the Tiger King table which was based on this table.

When I first installed Tyson, the ball did launch.  Then as I played it more, it started to infrequently launch.  Now it doesn’t launch at all.

I’ve also tried deleting the nvram file and even setting it to “Read Only”.

I thought it had to do with me setting the scale for X, Y, and Z to 1.  So I even tried shrinking the ball size down from the initial “50” that’s in the script.  No luck.

I tried rotating the ball release to 90 degrees, no luck.  I removed the gate to the right of the ball release, no luck.

Hoping someone can solve this.

TIA

iDigStuff
            Participant
              @dkane626

I think going to the original source would be useful.

Try the original Rolling Stones table by JPSalas over at vpforums.

All of those mods you mentioned, like you said, were based on that table.

Find out if that table works for you. Go from there.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              elvinu
              Participant
                @elvinu

Thank you for your suggestion.  The JPSalas version of Rolling Stones does indeed work on my system while those three others continue to not work.

At this point, in order to get (for example) Mike Tyson to work, what should I do?  Compare every line in their scripts?  Which is what I’m thinking of doing.

outhere
                  @outhere
                  MemberContributorvipModerator

What happens if you click on the play field 1st after the game is loaded does it work then

elvinu
                  Participant
                    @elvinu

Holy crap, there was a difference between the two scripts:

Const UseSolenoids = 1

Const UseSolenoids = 2

I changed Mike Tyson’s to ‘1’ and now it works!!!

I hope Bosco reads this and can verify.

I’ll test this for the other two tables and if it works, I’ll post this solution in those Support Topics as well.

Thank you iDigStuff for your suggestion!!!

iDigStuff
                    Participant
                      @dkane626

@elvinu @bosco Awesome. Glad that worked for you.

Bosco
                      Participant
                        @bosco

I changed (Const UseSolenoids = 2) to Const UseSolenoids = 1) and it is working well now

Thanks elvinu for the help and figuring it out and Idigstuff for adding the music to a great table and making it even better and also for helping.

elvinu
                        Participant
                          @elvinu

I should’ve guessed that this was the solution sooner.  Most of the time, I’ll get an error message when loading a new table for the first time.  The message will mention the solenoid and I’ll know it’s probably defaulted to 2 and I’ll need to set it to 1.

Not sure why I didn’t get that error message with this table.

outhere
                            @outhere
                            MemberContributorvipModerator

I should’ve guessed that this was the solution sooner. Most of the time, I’ll get an error message when loading a new table for the first time. The message will mention the solenoid and I’ll know it’s probably defaulted to 2 and I’ll need to set it to 1.
                            Not sure why I didn’t get that error message with this table.

It sure sounds like you need to do some updating – See For Up-Dating
                            https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=4982#entry330264

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?