[?ROM?] variable – pinup 1.4

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    h0pp4z
    Participant
      @h0pp4z

Hi,

I like to use the [?ROM?] variable for launch and close script of vpx files.

launch:

START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 10 10 60
      cd "[DIREMU]"

if "[ALTMODE]"=="video" (
      move "[DIRGAME]\[GAMENAME].directb2s" "[DIRGAME]\[GAMENAME].directb2s.orig" /Y
      timeout /T 1
      IF EXIST "D:\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\[?ROM?].video\screens.pup" (
      move "D:\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\[?ROM?]" "D:\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\[?ROM?]-novideo"
      timeout /T 1
      move "D:\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\[?ROM?].video" "D:\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\[?ROM?]"
      timeout /T 1
      )
      )

START /min "" vpinballx.exe "[DIREMU]" -play "[GAMEFULLNAME]"

Close:
      "[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE" WINTIT "Visual Pinball" 10 1

if "[ALTMODE]"=="video" (
      move "[DIRGAME]\[GAMENAME].directb2s" "[DIRGAME]\[GAMENAME].directb2s.orig" /Y
      timeout /T 1
      IF EXIST "D:\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\[?ROM?]\screens.pup" (
      move ""D:\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\[?ROM?]" "D:\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\[?ROM?].video" /Y
      timeout /T 1
      move "D:\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\[?ROM?].novideo" "D:\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\[?ROM?]" /Y
      timeout /T 1
      )
      )

I’ve checked the curclose and curlauch scripts but the [?ROM?] field stays empty.

Any ideas?

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

do you have the ROM field set to the rom on the game you’re running in Popper Games Manager?

also, i’ve updated a few documents on what you’re trying to do if you want to try another method:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_optional

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

@nailbuster
          If I am running from editor and I exit table but doing script adjustments I would close off pak in toolbar before 1.4 from option menu to keep editing table without saving and without reloading vp. Now when I do this I get the pointer error. Nothing to do with frontends. I actually came up with a great way to solve that by moving pup plugin folder on start and exit of tables so that’s all working perfect

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

NailBuster
            @nailbuster
            ModeratorMember

@nailbuster

If I am running from editor and I exit table but doing script adjustments I would close off pak in toolbar before 1.4 from option menu to keep editing table without saving and without reloading vp. Now when I do this I get the pointer error. Nothing to do with frontends. I actually came up with a great way to solve that by moving pup plugin folder on start and exit of tables so that’s all working perfect

it is ‘normal’/bug/issue that once you load a game in vpx editor and exit game…. that vpinmame/freezy dlls are NOT unloaded, so that is what keeps the pup connection still open while back in editor.  you can’t ‘kill/close’ manually as that will leave things unstable in pup.

one thing you could do.  when working with a table a lot.  keep on vpx editor open for editing and saving..>BUT don’t run the game in taht editor.  make a desktop shortcut that launches that vpx directly to test your changes…and close that vpx direct launch when done ‘playing’.

btw:  i think you meant to post your response in a different thread :)

h0pp4z
            Participant
              @h0pp4z

the game you’re running in Popper Games Manager?

I was not aware of the ROM field…

By the way… Does’nt it make sense to “disable” the b2s-file while using the puppack?

Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?