Run as Admin?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MillionMan
    Participant
      @millionman

i have a strange issue.

I have Pinup menu set to run as admin and the table and pinup popper pack loads fine.

• when i set it as admin, which i believe David said we should not have to, my DOF in Pinup front end does not start.

If i set Pinup menu not to run as admin, DOF loads automatically in the front end but the Pinup pack does not load.

And might as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

I recently upgraded to a 4k monitor with a very high end video card. when i download the Pinup popper front end video , i choose the 4k but the video does not always display, and when it does, it is very choppy. If i use the HD video from the list, it loads fine but the quality is not as good. The gameplay is fine.

( i use VLC version 2.8 and i selected automatic acceleration in the vlc settings ) any thoughts?

gtxjoe
      Participant
        @gtxjoe

4K video performance in Popper requires a good modern CPU.

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

If you are using Rajo’s 4K videos…those are 4K 60fps videos and require a good cpu to use.

The recommendation for ANY front-end is to use 4K 30fps for best results…and constancy.  When you mix up various different videos in different fps or formats, etc… you will have problems with performance and stability.

For pup-packs and Popper (or other front-ends) I highly suggest you convert them to the exact same format… and 30fps.

As Joe said, a better cpu will benefit you more with 4K videos and pup-packs / popper,etc.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          MillionMan
          Participant
            @millionman

Thank you for the input. I have a good cpu. I just built a new system and i opted for a AMD rizen 7 2700. i think it’s a pretty decent CPU.

I have been downloaded your 4k videos lately and they work fine. Thanks

NailBuster
              @nailbuster
              ModeratorMember

now with doflinx v7.xx you can run everything on your cab as non-administrator mode.  that was the last piece of software i believe we needed changed.

i now run all emulators/utils/pup/popper on my cab as non-admin.  Everything works fine for me (it did before as admin as well, but rather run everything non-admin)

MillionMan
              Participant
                @millionman

Any idea why my DOF does not load in the Pinup front if i don’t set the Pinup menu as admin?

outhere
                  @outhere
                  MemberContributorvipModerator

Have you seen this?
                  http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=hardware

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?