screens are backwards in vpx

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

I just switched computers in my cab and same SSD.  The screens are set up 1 PF and 2 BG in both nvidea and windows display.  Both resolutions are working and all three ( 3rd is lcd dmd) are working fine.  VPX says my 1 screen is the resolution of my backglass and 2 is the resolution of the pf.  If I play table they are on wrong screen.  If I select monitor 2 the pf is on correct screen but resolution changes and backglass doesn’t show.  Where does VPX get these values from.  Is there a registry setting maybe that’s left over from last setup.   I cant remember how I had it before

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

You running latest 10.6 beta? Or older outdated 10.6 beta?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

no clue.  how do I tell.  Sorry Randr, my phone died also.  PF screen 60hz, BG 59hz

Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation
            MemberContributor

also when I test vpinmame, the dmd is in the correct place but when I launch table the dmd is pushed to the right.  This just started when I swapped motherboards

ran screen res editor and all is good

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

In vp just click help/about to see version. I know they had some bugs with older betas so make sure your at least on the current 10.6 beta

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Tom
              Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

10.6.0 revision 3723, 32 bit

updated and no change

Lizard
                Participant
                  @lizard

Have you checked the settings in the ( b2s_setup) file in the tables folder matches your setup.

Tom
                  Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

You have a mismatch between your screen setup and your screenres.txt file. Work has been done on the screen numbering in the 10.6 series. I have not re-installed VP on any computer with more than one screen for ages, so, I don’t know details. But, I would download 10.5 official if I can’t figure out the screens. I would make sure that pf is number 1 monitor, dmd number 2. Then fix the screenres to fit if I can’t figure out the same from 10.6.

Tom
                    naeromagus
                    Participant
                      @naeromagus

I know Thalamus is correct on this. On my mini cab I had to edit the screen res.txt so that playfield was screen one. But my bg was screen 5. Other wise the b2s setup would mix the screens up. I believe that it can go from 1-10 try manually editing the file.

Tom
                      Teahaus
                      Participant
                        @teahaus

I always discount windows #ing…….I use the #ing from the GPU set-up (in my case Nvidia).  It tells me that my BG is 5.  Window’s says 2.  I use 5 in my screenres.txt and it works.

Tom
                        Tom
                        Participant
                          @armyaviation
                          MemberContributor

setup the screen res via the editor.  everything agrees with windows, nvidea.  Still swapped in vpx.  started a vp9 and pm5 table and table loaded correctly but backglass was on pf screen.  Changed the bg to 2 and now those two work.  I went back into vpx and they are still backwards but I changed the resolution for both and it works.  very strange.  what is flipping those two in vpx.  everything else agrees but atleast its working, Thanks guys for the help

gtxjoe
                          Participant
                            @gtxjoe

The monitor number that B2S uses are not related to the Windows monitor number

For example, if you have multiple video cards installed and 3 monitors. In Windows Display setting, they will show as monitors 1,2 and 3

In b2s, depending on how you plugged the monitors into your video cards, b2s backglass monitor could be 1,2,3,4,5 or 6. And that is normal behavior

Tom
                            Participant
                              @armyaviation
                              MemberContributor

Ahh that makes sense.  I do remember that from years ago when I set it up the first time. Rather confusing when you set up windows one way and it uses another.

What is the reasoning for the dmd moving.  When I tested vpinmame the dmd was centered but before I fixed the screens in vpx it was pushed to the right.  Was vpx compensating for something relating to the main screens

NailBuster
                                @nailbuster
                                ModeratorMember

fyi.  if you want to have fewer issues where b2s places BG.  Use the @3840 instead of monitor # (great fix by RobX!)

lots of info here:  http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=b2s_dimension_location

Teahaus
                                Participant
                                  @teahaus

Great info in this thread!!  Thanks to you guys that know how to explain the oft misunderstood B2S server stuff.  (I’m looking at you fellow Canuck Nailbuster!!) :good:

Tom
                                  Participant
                                    @armyaviation
                                    MemberContributor

can someone look this over and make sure I am not missing something.  do these look correct for the most part

Teahaus
                                    Participant
                                      @teahaus

Hi Tom…..I’m no expert (there’s guys on this thread that know so much more) but I have mine set-up with the AA disabled, aspect ratio as cab anti-stretch the ball, ball rendering nothing checked, ambient occlusion off, reflect dynamics off,  FPS and max frames both set to one, alternative depth buffer off.  Unlimited max texture and the elements detail slider all the way to the right.  Seems to work for me in 4K running a 1070 GPU.

Axilla
                                      Participant
                                        @subdisturb

can someone look this over and make sure I am not missing something.  do these look correct for the most part

I recently was messing around trying to get 4K working well with FX3.  Once I got that working (with the generous help from this community), I had noticed that the playfield screen had flipped on me as well to the other monitor in VPX the next time I loaded a table in VPX.  For some reason, changing the refresh rate in the nvidia control panel had made VPX change the monitor drop down (right under display in the top left) to monitor #2 when I really need it on #1.  Simply changing that to #1 resolved my issue.  Not sure if that’s helpful, but just throwing out ideas.

gtxjoe
                                        Participant
                                          @gtxjoe

Tom. What video card do you have as that needs to be considered into your setting choices

Tom
                                          Participant
                                            @armyaviation
                                            MemberContributor

Ummmm.  One of the first ones ever made.  I am in serious need of an upgrade.  Gtx460 I think.  Randr got me squared away I think.  I will post a pic later, fishing with my son right now

E2E1A30A-5C53-4FEE-B277-818968D154E3

He is a serious fisherman and I suck

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?