Setting text colors in DMD: active vs inactive players

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LynnInDenver
    Participant
      @lynnindenver

Everything seems right on my end here… I’ve been fiddling with a copy of OrbitalFramework here, setting up a DMD Display that’s hopefully more flexible than UltraDMD, and I’ve run into a snag. In spite of copying code from the backglass text color shift, the DMD just, well, doesn’t color shift on command. I can set the color on the basic label just fine, I just can’t change it when I fill it with text. I expect there’s something I’m missing parameter wise that, if I find it, will let me make the change, or it’s just not possible in the DMD display.

Note that I also tried assigning this stuff to the topper screen, with identical results.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
      Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
      Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

cool to see you’re trying your hand on the PuP-DMD features….

I would download this zip and see my sample vpx wtih DMD helper functions and pdf.

http://www.nailbuster.com/uploads/PinUPPlayer_DMD_Tech_HELP.zip

Let me know how it goes…

LynnInDenver
        Participant
          @lynnindenver

DMD_Sample

OK, got a solution figured out. I just doubled up on the available slots, assigned the colors to Up and Down (so I have two places for each player, for a total of eight), and basically run nothing in the ones that don’t matter (inactive version of active player and active of inactive players basically get ” “). Odd that I can’t just dynamically assign the colors the same way as the backglass gets assigned, but I can make it work.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.

LynnInDenver
          Participant
            @lynnindenver

@Nailbuster got me all squared away, thank you. I needed to declare Page 1 for the DMD screen, then the hide/show and coloring works as intended.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?