Solenoid stuck on & caught on fire

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    sniiki
    Participant
      @sniiki

Diode is fine

Arngrim
      Participant
        @arngrim
        DOF MinisterMember

I have limited the solenoid 20 of jolly park to exactly 60 ms, which is the only one linked to bumper back left, to avoid that it gets stuck, just to be sure, the dof config would be safe now

sniiki
        Participant
          @sniiki

Good news everyone!

Got some time today to stick my anti-bonfire gizmo in the cab and fired up Jolly Park again to see if the same happens again and guess what, back left solenoid stuck during first try. Might be a bit risky to say this but… told you so! ;)

Writing this right after it happened in case someone is playing this so didn’t yet dig around the script for possible cause but at least this time it happened right after draining last ball. I actually noticed one solenoid activating and thought myself “..didn’t hear it release” and then my 3s safety circuit kicked in.
          Also, exit script works and that solenoid releases when I exit the table having that output bug active.

Edit:
          Played a second round, again stuck after last ball drained. Common for these first short two tries were that I shot one ball to Magnetic House.
          I then tried third time and just let all balls drain and the bug did not appear.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Well i asked @argrim if anything might be wrong with config BUT i use contactors so would never be an issue anyways. Perhaps dof is tied to a diverter or somthing im not sure but good info for sure!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

sniiki
            Participant
              @sniiki

Yeah, and to be clear the “told you so” was a joke, tho it was a bit frustrating to get all these “you need more fuses”, “you have a wiring issue”, “your solenoid self generates energy and malfunctions”, “your mosfet died”, “you probably got drunk and set it on fire yourself”, “your diode died” and not a single reply to the original simple question about a simple safety timer just in case there’s a scripting error or something  :cry:

With contactors it’s not maybe a burning issue (ha ha) but it still affects the gameplay at least if one of your feedback device just jams.

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

Another reason to get SSF :yes:   :unsure:   ;-)

… not giving up randr ! :rose:

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?