Sound scripting help needed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    iDigStuff
    Participant
      @dkane626

Trying to figure out how to make a specific track play when a game ends on a non rom based table.
      I’ve been searching for some code that signifies the game is over? or maybe adding some sort of Drain Count?

I would list the things I’ve tried but I’d probably just show my ignorance. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Happy to provide any further info that could help to provide an  answer… Thank you guys. Trying to learn and contribute.

gtxjoe
      Participant
        @gtxjoe

What table?  Tables scripts vary from author to author

iDigStuff
        Participant
          @dkane626

Hi @gtxjoe,

Thanks for responding. It was more of a general question but at the time I was speaking of Capt. Fantastic as I was working on an update of DOZER’s table.

I’m sure a scripted table vs a ROM table is probably very different, but are there any specific things to look for?

I might not be asking the right question, if so my apologies.

Also thanks again for taking the time to respond.

gtxjoe
          Participant
            @gtxjoe

Every author has their own style.  I guess once you have looked at few you will start to see patterns

Search for End of game or game over in the script and then you have to figure out is it the game over stuff or just a check for game over and so on

For captain fantastic, it looks like 633 is the end of game section, so you can try adding a song start there

iDigStuff
            Participant
              @dkane626

That worked perfectly for the scripted EM. Thank you!

I was trying to find something similar in JP’s Charlie’s Angels as a comparison

I figured if I had an example of both scripted and rom I would be good…

Should I be look for some game over light call? or something similar on a ROM table?

Thanks

Update 1

Possibly something regarding this UBound(tmp) ?

I was able to put an EndMusic command in the GI Light Call Off, which worked but this table dims the GI at each drain so it effectively kills the music each time.

I’d like to end the music after the last drain only if possible.

li1.State = ABS(li1a.State – 1) ‘game over  found this as well.

Update 2

I was able to tie music commands to  If li1.State = 1  Then EndMusic     ‘gameover light

Based on this old post from you:

Ah, we thought you wanted to call a subroutine when a light insert changes state. If you are really asking is “How do I check if a light is on or off?” That can be easy. To check l25 llight insert, it is

If l25.state = 1 Then … ‘Light is on

If l25.state = 0 Then … ‘Light is off

However that presented the problem that the GameOver light is illuminated at table load and doesn’t go out until a few moments after ball launch.

So no music can be played when the table loads or music tied to game start.

LynnInDenver
              Participant
                @lynnindenver

You’ll probably need to build some script logic on a timer to keep track of such things. Create a variable to track with (gameActive=false), set it to True when someone presses the Start button and then the sound solenoids fire (solenoids 3, 4, 5, doesn’t matter which one, all three will fire at some point during the game start tune so you only need to watch for one of them after the Start button is pressed) and start the music then, and watch for the Game Over light to come on after that, at which point you change it to False again.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?