SSF in a FSS counter top pinbal!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RichardFSS
    Participant
      @richardfss

Hello! I have a FSS counter top vpinball. 32” screen In Portrait mode so not much room in the cab.
      Would 2 exciters and one mini sub speaker be ok? Could it run on one amp?

thanks!

richard

topper-2k
      Participant
        @topper-2k

You should be able to make SSF work with 2 exciters. You’d need to merge the 7.1 front and side channels. You’d either need to do that vis software with something like EQAPO or via hardware with a cable. I’d probably opt to make a cable personally.

But, I wonder whether it will be worth it in a single screen tabletop setup like that. SSF works by making table sounds come from the table and backglass sounds come from the backglass. In your case they are the same.

You could make backglass sounds come out the top speakers and table sounds come from exciters near the bottom, but I don’t know if it will create the same illusion that SSF does in a 2 monitor cab.

If it works, report back and let us know!

Nick B
        Participant
          @nickb

Did you ever do this? I’m in the same boat:   

I have a mini 27″ 3 screen build, assembled in 3/4″ solid pine. 

My motherboard has built-in 7.1 I currently run a pair of 4×6 speakers through an amp and into my speaker output on the motherboard. 

Given my very limited room, I want to add some simple feedback sensation for flippers, bumpers, etc.

I have acquired a basic 2.1 30wx30wx60w amplifier, 2 exciters and a tactile mini bass transducer.

The idea is I would pass the exciters and bass through the amp and then into the motherboard. Exciters would mount inside near the left/right flipper buttons and the bass would mount to the inside front bottom. I can then split the 3.5mm out to land in both the front and rear inputs of the motherboard. 

I have two questions:

Is this going to accomplish what I hope it would? That is, stereo feedback so I “feel” the isolated left/right activity while playing?

Is it worth it to get another 2.0 amp and 2 more exciters for the rear left/right even though my entire cab is only 3ft long?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Nick B.
          • This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Nick B.
          RichardFSS
          Participant
            @richardfss

Hey!!!

sorry for the late reply!

it is worth it!

I have 4 exciters in my small cab and 2 amps. Really cool.
            4 is not to much. Well worth it.
            I recently bought a monster bash and attack from Mars remake. So I have been playing those every night! Haha

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?