SSF not playing through correct channels

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Noiseordinance
    Participant
      @noiseordinance

Greetings. To start, I have an SSF setup using 2.1 for backglass and 2×2.0 amps for rear and side exciters. Everything worked correctly out of the box with all sounds playing to the appropriate speakers. However, I wanted to get subwoofer sharing with my side channels, and that’s where I’m encountering problems.

I installed EQAPO, PeaceUI, and Thump SSF. I placed the commands into EQAPO that are listed in the SSF tuning guide, and I can confirm that the sub is playing for all channels. However, I’m noticing now that it seems like my exciters are playing audio for left and right channels simultaneously. For instances, when I flick my flippers, the sound comes from the left and right exciters simultaneously. Same thing happens with bumpers, slingshots, etc. Both left and right channels are receiving the signal at the same time.

In my Realtek audio software, I have verified that all test sounds come through the appropriate speakers. When flipping through games in Pinup Popper, going left and right in the menu triggers the left and right exciters correctly, so it seems like my issue is specifically in VPX.

I would be stoked about any recommendations! I’m not even sure where to start looking.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Disable ThumpSSF ?

Noiseordinance
        Participant
          @noiseordinance

I’ve tried it without thump and same problem. :unsure:

Thalamus
            @thalamus

Sounds like you’ve done something wrong with EQAPO/Peace setup. Try to disable and see if that helps. Manually moving the ball to objects – see if you can figure out any common factor.

Noiseordinance
            Participant
              @noiseordinance

Ok well now I feel like a dummy. I was initially using Attack From Mars and Cactus Canyon to test, but this morning I tried Diner and Medieval Madness and SSF works just fine like it’s supposed to, so I’m guessing that my copies of AFM and Cactus Canyon just don’t support SSF. Doh.

Thalamus
                @thalamus

They do if you download the updated script. Well, for many of the ATF, new releases has already excellent SSF, but CC / CCC was made prior to 10.4. I recommend people to play Star Trek Next Generation to verify their SSF. Only the start of the game, where the balls are ejected should tell you if your setup is ok.

Noiseordinance
                Participant
                  @noiseordinance

What’s weird is atf is the first table I used to verify SSF. I’ll take a look at my version in a few but it’s a 2019 or 2020 release. Either I’m going crazy or SSF stopped working around the time I set up PeaceUI / EQAPO. :/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?