Star Trek (Bally 1979) VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord

Great job, @rothbauerw! Your work is always top shelf.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Thalamus
        @thalamus

This 2.0 is nothing short of fantastic. Everything seems to be spot on, or at least, very very close to what I feel it should be. Amazing work @rothbauerw ( and @bord ) – very much appreciated and will be loved and played a lot. :good:

kds70
        Participant
          @kds70

Amazing work … you´ve all done there – many thanks ;-)

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

kds70
          Participant
            @kds70

It´s me again and this table is REALLY stunning. One of the first tables where i´ve shutoff DOF; i can´t get enough from those ambient playfield sounds, plastic and metal hits. It´s done so beautiful.

And second: it plays really real. Perfect handling, flipper / rubber physics.This table is one reason to stop my own project as fast as possible and delete it; or not? let´s see – will take a while.

Thanks again :rose:

Peter222
            Participant
              @swietlikowa

As a Cab user, I omit everything that has “FSS” in the name, so I just missed this diamond. Thanks! All elements worked out to perfection!

Witnee
              Participant
                @witnee

This is amazing in VR!

The light shadows on the interior cab walls around the perimeter are a very nice touch!

vogliadicane
                Participant
                  @vogliadicane

Completely agree with @kds70

He gave me the tip, to shut off DOF to try only the pure mech sounds. Fantastic job, really! :yes:

Anything else is also spot on. Great release, thanks a lot.

Witnee
                  Participant
                    @witnee

So close to perfect! Just one thing I noticed: What’s that little blue spot of light in the green area just below the left flipper? I can’t pin down where it’s coming from. Is it in the playfield itself?

EDIT: It’s just on the pf image itself. A little Photoshop editing, and poof! All gone! Super fun and very difficult table!

rothbauerw
                      @rothbauerw

So close to perfect! Just one thing I noticed: What’s that little blue spot of light in the green area just below the left flipper? I can’t pin down where it’s coming from. Is it in the playfield itself?

My best guess is that it is a reflection from the environmental image.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

bord
                        @bord

That’s reflected light, likely bouncing off one of the metal guides. In a box packed with lights and metal it is bound to happen. You can manually paint it out of the playfield render if you want to remove it.

CyclonePF
                        Participant
                          @cyclonepf

I know I commented last night on how nice this table is, but I wanted to comment again. I’ve been playing it for a couple of hours tonight. The  ray traced lighting is so beautiful, and along with the rich sounds it makes the table really addictive.

JR
                          Participant
                            @jfr1

Ditto everything Cyclone wrote.  The level of realism has to be at the limits of what can be done.  And time spent?  I know the near future is bringing fascinating changes.  Will be much easier.  The recent vids of totan in threads about VPE/Unity?  I see those and wonder what keeps creators spending time updating older games.   So ‘updates’ like this, and especially this one, are now appreciated even more.  Thanks @rothbauerw !

Witnee
                            Participant
                              @witnee

See my edit above. It’s on the PF image. Easy to get rid of. Great table! Can’t wait for my G2 to arrive so I can see all the detail during game-play. I can look at it all if I lean in close with my Rift S, but I’m sure it’s very realistic in the proper resolution.

force10wind
                              Participant
                                @force10wind

This table is amazing! Saved forever in this virtual world and looks so real.

Thank you for sharing this masterpiece!

Heinz

Rajo Joey
                                Participant
                                  @joey2001

I play many games in VR and it’s fantastic. I’ve never seen better working drop targets.

For me it’s necessary to use the latest VPinballX_GL from the 10.11.2020. Otherwise the playfield is too dark for me. But with that version it’s perfect.

scoopydoo
                                  Participant
                                    @scoopydoo

Awesome table. Thanks for including the VR version guys!

studlygoorite
                                    Participant
                                      @studlygoorite

Wow, this looks, plays, sounds and feels so real. Great job and thanks for sharing.

Dutchman
                                      Participant
                                        @dutchguy

Thank you for this fantastic table! Very close to the real cab! :bye:

DBrown67
                                        Participant
                                          @dbrown67

Play s really nice. But I’m getting no ROM sounds. Only table mech sounds. I can press F6 in game and there;s an option for sound. It was set to few but I put it to max but no difference. No ROM sounds at all.

The Loafer
                                          Participant
                                            @theloafer

I thought I replied in this thread but I guess I haven’t, perhaps I did on facebook. Anyway this table along with Power Play as occupied most of my VPX time of late.  The sound especially in this table is out of this world.  I love what fleep brought to TOM but in that game, there is so much music, callouts etc, it ends up hiding a bit the full benefit of what the sound package can bring.  With EM’s and early SS tables, the ambient and organic nature of pinball sounds is truly at the forefront and WOW!  Literally did this “gasp” the moment I plunged the ball and the ball hit the first rubber and it got better from there.  Thanks to Fleep and to all contributors, this is a labor of love and it shows

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 69 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?