Star Trek build

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    freneticamnesic
      @freneticamnesic

I’ve been working on my cabinet on and off for almost a year and a half now. When I can find time I work on it and right now I’d say it’s 95%. It’s got most of the toys I want, rgbs, dmd, most hardware. Problem is I ran out of the fun things, it’s finishing touches now like glass and rails… boring. My goal is to add an rgb “fire” button like some newer Stern tables. I had this little piece on my mini pin for a while but lost it when I moved. Just found it again and painted it. Will add a button later. I guess I’ll use this thread to document the finish of my cab eventually

Punch it!

Punch it!

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr

Punch

it

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Knorr
        Participant
          @knorr

Problem is I ran out of the fun things, it’s finishing touches now like glass and rails… boring.

Haha, the only fun thing was when i had finished the cab…, time to enjoy playing ;)

freneticamnesic
            @freneticamnesic

Yea lol well that’s the tough part. It’s 100% playable right now! No motivation to put the finishing touches on

Punch it!

Punch it!

takut
            Participant
              @takut

I think the cabinet is never finished. I work now since two year on my cabinet and add always new things on it. First I start with the Siemens relays for Force Feedback but they are not really realistic enough. Then I start to change all relays with original bumpers, slingshots and pinball fingers, and that is a really great fore feedback now :-)

Then I start with RGB Light stripes outside of the cabinet, install a real chimes, install surround light on the top of the backbox.

Also the third monitor for the DMD was replaced by PIN2DMD, the 39” Playfield was changed with 40” Playfield (the 39” Playfield don’t have power on, that sucks).

The next step is to install controllable LED stripes inside the cabinet and maybe a fan.

And I’m sure, the future will bring some additional new ideas for gimmicks into the cab.

BorgDog
              Participant
                @borgdog

Then I start to change all relays with original bumpers, slingshots and pinball fingers, and that is a really great fore feedback now :-) 

Nice takut!  i’m starting down the same path, just have chimes, knocker, 5″ bell, and flippers at the moment, but not yet installed as new cab is not built yet.  do you have some pictures of your setup with all those in?  I envision a playfield below the playfield monitor .

takut
                Participant
                  @takut

Here we go. See the photos for my installation of bumpers, slingshots and pinball fingers. The signal from the LEDWiZ switch a relays to send the signals to the bumpers, slingshots and pinball fingers. I will also add the wiring to this post. It is not possible to add more than four pictures to a post, due to this I replay some more post (I hope I don’t hijack frens topic… :whistle: )

takut
                  Participant
                    @takut

second photo batch

takut
                    Participant
                      @takut

third photo batch and LEDWiz and circuit board wiring diagrams (LEDWiz and circuit board wiring.zip)

BorgDog
                      Participant
                        @borgdog

thanks takut, that’s cool!  sorry for the hijack fren, back to work..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?