Star Wars: Death Star Assault (ULTIMATE 1.04) (DOFLinx Cabinet Edition)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=194373

Created this FULLDMD primarily for Future Pinball but can be used for VPX as well.  There is no DMD frame.  I generally don’t use DMD frames for my Future Pinball FULLDMDs.  This way you don’t need to record them with the DMD for PinUPPopper if you don’t want to.  If it’s requested I could recreate them with a DMD frame.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      senseless
      Participant
        @senseless

Thanks! Time to play me some force feedback Star Wars :).

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Amazing build love the princess tribute

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

TerryRed
            @terryred

Amazing build love the princess tribute

Yah…its those little things that guys from our generation really get and appreciate.

His choice of the incredible amount of sounds that are used to give different results for the same actions are crazy….

I can’t stop laughing at Chewie getting mad if you try to start without money.  T2 Skynet had the same thing when Arnold says ” F you asshole!”  Awesome stuff.

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Yeah most ppinballs do somthing when you try to play without credit or bump flipper button in attract mode. Its very clever what slamtilt does.

for IOS and Android

senseless
              Participant
                @senseless

Great experience! SLAM did one hell of an update and the force feedback is spot on ;). Well done TerryRed! Now back to saving the universe…

TerryRed
                  @terryred

Since I don’t have my own gear motor…I was worried about having the gear move every time R2-D2 moves his head….since I can’t relate to the experience.

If you find that its too much / annoying…it’s real easy to change. Just goto the very end of the table script, and its there.

You’ll also notice that for this table, I have “almost” ALL of my DOFLinx code in one section (at the end of the script) …and almost ALL of the DOFLinx commands are within their own clearly labelled sub-routines in that section. Most of it being a “standard” that I use for every table now. Instead of using DOFLinx commands throughout the table script… I call to those DOFLinx sub-routines, which makes for a much cleaner script…and MUCH easier to do an update.

Everything throughout the table uses sub-routines that all start with DOFLinx, which makes it easy to do a copy and paste to a newer version of a table. I’ve done it twice with this table…so I can tell you, even though it still takes a few hours to copy an update over…its MUCH easier this way.

It also makes it easy to change something afterward for personal tastes of others. You just goto to the section you want to change (flippers, bumpers, tilt,etc), and adjust just “one” command, instead of having to go throughout the entire script to search for multiple commands.

Dr.Tom
                  Participant
                    @crile1
                    MemberContributor

How am I supposed to get any DofLinx work done if you guys keep posting tables?

TerryRed
                      @terryred

How am I supposed to get any DofLinx work done if you guys keep posting tables?

Now that I’m done this table…. I’ve now been able to try out Dead Hunters and Flash Gordon…..

Great job guys! It’s going to kill me not being able to try out any new tables for quite a while.

Did you see my post about the FP objects limit (or how to remove the limit I should say….)?

Edit: nevermind…i saw the other post.

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

The code in these fp builds is very impressive for original builds! Terry you do add a ton to the playability of fp with dof. Thanks for doing these as they are very fun tables and amazing builds. The physics are not for a serious game but still very fun. I would like to see a em get some simple dof love too. Like strip poker :)

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

TerryRed
                          @terryred

The code in these fp builds is very impressive for original builds! Terry you do add a ton to the playability of fp with dof. Thanks for doing these as they are very fun tables and amazing builds. The physics are not for a serious game but still very fun. I would like to see a em get some simple dof love too. Like strip poker :)

Your welcome. I’m glad I can give something back to the community.

Lucky for you SLAM is planning on UPDATING his Strip Poker table!

You took the words right out of my mouth. When I look through the code for these tables while doing a mod, it blows my mind seeing all the work that goes into it. There’s so much under the hood that most people don’t ever get to see.

I also agree that the EM tables seem to at least play and feel better than most FP tables. Even SLAM has said that its very hard for him to do a modern Arcade pinball recreation that plays great compared to doing a complete original FP table that he can craft to FP’s strengths and weaknesses. The physics aren’t perfect, but I’m not a serious player. I’m very casual, so that’s why its easy for me to enjoy these tables…as I just jump in and play for fun, and enjoy the sight and sounds.

CarnyPriest
                          Participant
                            @carnypriest

lol Slam’s already updated to 1.041. You can’t get ahead of that guy!

TerryRed
                              @terryred

lol Slam’s already updated to 1.041. You can’t get ahead of that guy!

No worries…he told about those ahead of time. Nothing that changes the game or what you see except for one “small” thing. Otherwise its the same. That being said, SLAM will always be adding more updates to his tables. That’s why I changed the way I add DOFLinx code to a table in order to make it easier to update in the future.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?