Stranger Things

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

It takes me a good 3-4 hours to transfer a DOFLinx update to a newer version of a (really fancy) Future Pinball that I’ve already done…

Adding DOF to a table is ALOT more work than people realise… so thanks Arngrim and Ginsonic! I haven’t tried adding DOF to a VP table, but I sure do appreciate the work done.

Also….just tried this table on my PC in my room (at the military shacks I’m living in) and its fantastic!  Great job everyone!

Bender
      Participant
        @benderle

Thx, for the Great Table

Same Question here, how to activate the DOF ??

Scottywic
        Participant
          @scottywic

hmm this error should have been fixed w/ the dmd. ultradmd has some bugs around wmvs still but I felt most had been fixed in my script.

As a general when the DMD goes black what that means is that another DMD scene played all the way to the end, which currently breaks it. So what i’ve done is make all the wmvs a few seconds longer and then use the dmd script to do the clipping for me. So if it’s a 21 sec scene i leave the wmv at 23 and then set the dmd call to be for 21000. Anyways i only realized this after i was mostly done with the table so there might be a random scene that isn’t clipping soon enough. If someone can tell me when it starts to break then I can easily find the clip that isn’t right.

Scottywic
          Participant
            @scottywic

2.0 version out here. I took into consideration a whole bunch of feedback throughout. The gameplay itself should be relatively the same just with a ton of fine tuning. Barring any problems I created while solving problems this will prob be the final version of this table. It’s playing real nice. Give the new Orbital rom config and let me know what you think.

Also for DOF people this now have all the digital sounds backgrounded out.

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Thanks for the update will need to try this latest out!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

Mark70
              Participant
                @mark70

Thanks for the update Scottywik.
                The Orbital config is awesome.

Scottywic
                Participant
                  @scottywic

Thanks bud, it was a real pain in the ass to code, but I figure it’ll be nice to have going forward and maybe some other coders can take it even further than i did.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                  Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

So, did have a go at it and decided to try and get to the end. First game, on 3’rd ball, trapped the ball on the flipper. Released and nothing happened. Looked up and it was telling me to enter my credentials. Didn’t happen after that though. When you play .. on the start of 2’nd ball – the display says ball 1, until you get some score.

So, to what I think needs to change. Since I decided to play this to the end I was looking for exploits. There is a pretty big one. Left ramp, requires only a few shots to get extra ball, and well, keep left flipper up and shoot for the ramp again as the ball hits the right flipper. I got bored when I’ve done this probably 40++ times in a row. Had enough extra balls to go for the end. If not, I sure knew how to make some more.

So, when I finally got there. It was a multiball with very nice lights – I managed to drain eventually since I had forgotten what to shoot for I guess. But, then the game stalled. The flippers where still working but, no new balls.

Had to forcefully end the game at 293 mill if I remember correctly.

My suggestion. Make a maximum number of extra balls or do something about that ramp shot.

Besides this – it is really impressive what you have accomplished – Good job.

Andypc
                    Participant
                      @andypc

I am seeing some performance issue’s compared to 1.91. This is similar to the issue I have reported to JP regarding Ghostbusters and Mortal Kombat II.  I am getting 230+ fps and fps is not dropping, but the ball motion is not as smooth and the previous version. The ball judders, or disappears for a millisecond. I had the same problem with the latest version of Ghostbusters and Mortal Kombat II, but earlier versions play fine. JP has  been looking at this, but this has just confirmed that it must be something in the DOF script that impacts performance when using UltraDMD. The table is amazing, so I hope this can be fixed. :good: Would it be possible to add an option in the script to turn off DOF if not needed?

Andypc
                      Participant
                        @andypc

It’s really bad after hitting the pop bumpers, so is definitely DOF related.

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

Answered you over at vpf – try latest diablo vs previous release, it contains only DOF changes.

Queniart
                          Participant
                            @queniart62

Bonjour a tous manque dmd position x y dans Script diabolo toujour obliger de replacer dmd a sa place

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

Ajoutez ceci au script

DMDPosition = True
                              DMDPosX = 2167
                              DMDPOSY = 651

Queniart
                              Participant
                                @queniart62

Re merci pour l’aide que vous m apporter mais sur quelle ligne il faut ajouter dmdposition=true ect.. G toujour problem line en ajoutent dmdposition

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=37278&p=372500

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  Queniart
                                  Participant
                                    @queniart62

Bonjour tout pas reussi a l intègre dans un ligne dmdposx  merci quand meme Thalamus

Scottywic
                                    Participant
                                      @scottywic

hey guys I’m going to look into all these tonight and i’ll let you know. Sorry been hard at work on my next original table and forgot to check comments and such.

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Next original!? Wow! Any hint?

********************************************************
                                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Scottywic
                                        Participant
                                          @scottywic

Let’s just say this, you should stock up on Parmesan Cheese and Crushed Red Pepper.

Scottywic
                                          Participant
                                            @scottywic

gotcha @thalamus this error is due to the changes I made to the ball save on the outside lanes triggering before the ball gets to the drain. While i think this is the way it should work, it’s very damn tough to control as the drain controls so many items. So i think I’m going to need to ditch that.

I’ll push the extra balls back up to where i had them and control the max extra balls, good call on that.

Going to make all these revisions tonight and get a final final version up.hah

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 86 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?