Stuck on fixing settings (backglass, UltraDMD, and playfield sizes) for a single

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    striderx99
    Participant
      @striderx99

Hello everyone. I’m a newbie trying to figure out how to adjust the backglass, the DMD display, and the playfield correctly on my 1024×768 Samsung TV monitor. I really don’t want to use the Desktop version of the .vpx files here. I wanted to know if it would be possible to place the backglass of my tables so that they stretch on the left hand side of the screen (with the DMD centered and beneath it), while the playfield remains on the right side. If there is an option to allow me to view the entire length of the table (top of the backglass to the bottom of the playfield), which kind of tables should I be looking for? If anyone can help with suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

jino0372
      Participant
        @jino0372

Just to clarify…you want the playfield in full screen with DMD and backglass all on a single screen.  Is this correct?  I believe this is covered in one of TerryRed’s Youtube video’s.  I suggest starting there.  Just go to YouTube and search “terryred software essentials”.

I use PinballY as the frontend on my cabinet.  I know this can be done on a single screen using PinballY.

Badazzwi
        Participant
          @badazzwi

You could use the tv in portrait mode and run FSS tables.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

striderx99
          Participant
            @striderx99

Thanks for the response. I will try viewing TerryRed’s videos on YouTube. I have already incorperated Visual Pinball with EmulationStation/RetroArch. I just wanted to see if I could configure the screens I mentioned in one of two ways to make each of them easy to see while playing.

jino0372
            Participant
              @jino0372

I agree 1000% with Badazzwi.  FSS is the best way to play single screen VPX.  Years ago…before all of the FSS tables started popping up…I tried to fake this and was successful.  FSS makes this easy.  The only issue is not all VPX tables are setup for FSS yet.  I believe all of the popular ones are done.

@badazzwi
              – Thanks!  I forgot about that.  :-)

striderx99
              Participant
                @striderx99

I think I figured out how to adjust the settings (Table>Camera, Light, and Material Mode>Use Alt keys to change options you want to alter>Use Shift keys to increase/decrease values>save the changes) for the FSS tables. I still would like to know how to make the changes to the backglass, DMD, and the playfield in case I don’t find these mods to some of the tables I am using. Thanks again for your input. :-) .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?