Super noob at Vpinball

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bigtelvis
    Participant
      @bigtelvis

Hello, This is Tim, super noob at visual pinball. I have made some mame arcade machines but never a pinball. Going to build vpinball cab. So far I have the following

50 inch 4k TLC  50S425 with 7ms response.

V323-2 NEC  32 inch multisync display

Core I7 4770K processor with 16 gig 2400 mhz ram

GTX 1080 Video card.

So thats my system.  I am planning on at least two screens. I would like to have separate DMD unless i could use something else instead of  DMD.

SO THE QUESTION IS.  Where do I start. I am sure there is something I need to read and watch on understanding the inter workings, screen setup. surround sound , button interface. I trust you guys to show me where to go…..not the H word I hope.

Thanks

Tim

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

This is where I would start – knowing what I know today. And, I would turn by backglass 90 degrees.

http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/

Don’t say you need to go that way though. But, there is so much good information. You should not let it go pass you. You can build or buy what you need.

JR
        Participant
          @jfr1

Hey Tim!  50″ play-field?  You have GOT to check out randr’s Hercules.  Have fun with the build.  I’m just about two years in and still have something to work on every day.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          bigtelvis
          Participant
            @bigtelvis

Wow, a lot of great info, what do you mean by 90 degrees? thanks

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Like JR mentioned. Your cab will be huge – 50″ is way to big to become realistic and good luck playing more than a couple of games in a row with the arms stretched. By 90 degree. You want a backglass – but instead of putting the monitor in the “normal” direction. Maybe buy something larger ( and smaller than the 50″ you’ve got ) and put it sideways in the back of your build. Look for BorgDog pr. example on this forum. I would have done it this way if starting from scratch. Why ? Because you can use you backglass monitor for dmd, regular backglass and topper and whatever comes next from those bling bling guys.

Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

I think most people use around a 42 inch for playfields.

other than that, you are in the right place to get started.  Get your software up and running and then start exploring all the wonderful add ons before you build your cab.  There are a lot of options and that will affect the way you build your setup.

if you have a question about software, many questions can be answered by googling but if you get stuck feel free to ask.  Welcome

1 user thanked author for this post.
                JR
                Participant
                  @jfr1

My build is 40″ pf 32″ bg and is beside an old EM and is a perfect match.  Next build will be 42″ 4k.  Before committing to a cab build you may want to reconsider using that 50″         that stolen gold star is still making me lol

bigtelvis
                  Participant
                    @bigtelvis

okay, took back the 50 inch and got the 43 inch version.  Thanks for the save

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?